Showtime should try a mixed rules promotion

No way they out UFC the UFC, so why not develop a mixed rules promotion using similar rules to old Pancrase/Rings/shootfighting? Complete with rope breaks/open hands/etc.

I still go back and watch some of the classics in that style, what say ye UG brethren? Phone Post

Like fighting and arm wrestling?

We could call it something hardcore...like X-Arm.

Idk.

Rope breaks? Are you the devil?

I hope they do something with Invicta.

I would rather see K-1 on Showtime.

AnakinHelwani -

This. Phone Post

NorthernIrishZombie - 

This...

AnakinHelwani - 

Oh this too..

Isn't K-1 on Spike as of this month?

Pancrase would be awesome.

RickStorm -
NorthernIrishZombie - 

This...

This this Phone Post

i miss robot wars :( thats an untapped demo lmao

I personally would like to see a more violent version of that cheesy roller derby they used to have on Spike back in the day.  Full on punching and takedowns allowed.  A wrestler who can skate would be unstoppable.  GSP shooting a power double on rollerblades?  Awesome.

AnakinHelwani -

Some K-1 level striking would make a nice change Phone Post

funny, because I just heard about this new org having its first show in chicago in feb

http://s1-challenge.com/

United Striking Alliance will introduce the first sport to use a set of rules in which it will allow all stand-up striking arts to compete within one ring. S-1 is a multidisciplinary striking bout sport that will entail a combination of Muay Thai, Western Boxing, Karate, Kickboxing and other striking disciplines with no ground fighting allowed. “S-1″ means unarmed combat involving the use, subject to any applicable limitations set forth in these United Striking Alliance Rules and other regulations of the applicable Commission, with a combination of techniques from different disciplines of the martial arts, including without limitation: kicking and striking

DamnSevern -

funny, because I just heard about this new org having its first show in chicago in feb

http://s1-challenge.com/

United Striking Alliance will introduce the first sport to use a set of rules in which it will allow all stand-up striking arts to compete within one ring. S-1 is a multidisciplinary striking bout sport that will entail a combination of Muay Thai, Western Boxing, Karate, Kickboxing and other striking disciplines with no ground fighting allowed. “S-1″ means unarmed combat involving the use, subject to any applicable limitations set forth in these United Striking Alliance Rules and other regulations of the applicable Commission, with a combination of techniques from different disciplines of the martial arts, including without limitation: kicking and striking

Douchiest. Logo. EVER Phone Post

NorthernIrishZombie - 

I hope so too and I think it'd be a smooth transition for them considering they have/had Strikeforce which has had the biggest/most viewed WMMA matches to date. Invitica seems to make sense and if anyone deserves it, it is them.

Plus I'd like to see Bec in HD.