Shut down Curry or Durant?

If you had an all world defensive player that could pretty much shut down either Durant or Curry who would you choose to be taken out? This player can also severly limit assists and rebounds as well.

I think Id shut down Durant. Curry seems to take himself out of games when things get tight.

Durant over the course of the game. But if it's one shot to win the game I'm covering Steph like stink on shit. 

If I remember correct, the analytics say that Curry at the rate he makes 3s is worth more then attempting a 2 at anywhere on the court.

So I think the answer is Curry.

I don't think shutting down Durant is possible. He has many ways to score.

dangerboy12 - I don't think shutting down Durant is possible. He has many ways to score.

This, 6"11 with a freak wingspan, unlimited range and the ability to drive.

His mental game is the only thing that can shit him down 

We'll see what San Antonio does!

DaveFu -

Kawhi is the closest thing in the nba to a Durant or Curry stopper.

GO SPURS GO!

Durant, but GS has so many weapons and shares the ball.  If Curry, Thompson, Green all start getting open shots, or even leaving McGee open for lobs is dangerous.

RockTheVote -

kawhi will match up with durant i think. green on curry. will the spurs bring in simmons to check thompson? or will they put green on him and have patty mills play curry? i bet thats how they start. aldridge is gonna have his hands full with green, but so will green with aldridge. this is going to be a really interesting matchup. i can see the dubs sweeping. i can see the spurs winning. theyre the spurs...

I love my Spurs but I honestly think this is GS title to lose. This is possible however

Tim Duncan -
DaveFu -

Kawhi is the closest thing in the nba to a Durant or Curry stopper.

Kawhi won't even be the best defender on the court most of the time.

Not going to be a good series. The spurs might win two.

Regarding the thread, I'd try to shut down Durant.

Curry wears down toward the end of playoffs so putting a body on him and pushing him around will work without an elite defender. Basically attrition will take over.