Shuttle landing comment on YouTube

" And there it sits. No applause. No national coverage. Nothing. Another incredible feat of human achievement and the masses were watching dancing with the stars or some shit. To those who managed to pull this off you have my deepest respect and I hope you continue to push the boundaries.?"

I didn't write that, but I wish I did. The space shuttle had more than 2.5 million parts, including almost 370 kilometers (230 miles) of wire, more than 1,060 plumbing valves and connections, over 1,440 circuit breakers, and more than 27,000 insulating tiles and thermal blankets. Phone Post 3.0

up!

hjr2 - " And there it sits. No applause. No national coverage. Nothing. Another incredible feat of human achievement and the masses were watching dancing with the stars or some shit. To those who managed to pull this off you have my deepest respect and I hope you continue to push the boundaries.?"

I didn't write that, but I wish I did. The space shuttle had more than 2.5 million parts, including almost 370 kilometers (230 miles) of wire, more than 1,060 plumbing valves and connections, over 1,440 circuit breakers, and more than 27,000 insulating tiles and thermal blankets. Phone Post 3.0

In for video. Phone Post 3.0

I agree with it completely. The fact of the matter is, no one cares about space travel these days. Back in the 60s it was the slave race. Today people dont see it as a competition so most people don't care, sadly.

In 50-100 years, hopefully, people will be baffled by hope much effort we put in to getting to space and ultimately, but even more baffled by our lack of progreas in man space flight since then.

Imo, the next gold rush will be out in space. And I think many counties (and private business like space x) will miss out tremendously nectar of this laps in progress Phone Post 3.0

Lol @ that gif

N VU for the shuttle comment.

Love shit like that

Blue.

Space shuttle Discovery STS-128 Landing: http://youtu.be/Xtfnl_KOuCM Phone Post 3.0

It's so easy to get caught up in the bullshit of pop culture, assholes on the subway, lazy people at work. Humans built that fucking thing. When we hold ourselves to high standards, and have the resources and time, there's almost no limits.

Speaking of high standards, here is what is expected of workmanship from NASA.

http://workmanship.nasa.gov/lib/insp/2%20books/frameset.html Phone Post 3.0

hjr2 - It's so easy to get caught up in the bullshit of pop culture, assholes on the subway, lazy people at work. Humans built that fucking thing. When we hold ourselves to high standards, and have the resources and time, there's almost no limits.

Speaking of high standards, here is what is expected of workmanship from NASA.

http://workmanship.nasa.gov/lib/insp/2%20books/frameset.html Phone Post 3.0
That's good stuff. Would love to see some mechanical versions of this. Tolerances, surface finishes, etc... Phone Post 3.0

VU OP. Truer words were never spoken. Phone Post 3.0

. Phone Post 3.0

The Brotorious B.I.G - I agree with it completely. The fact of the matter is, no one cares about space travel these days. Back in the 60s it was the slave race. Today people dont see it as a competition so most people don't care, sadly.

In 50-100 years, hopefully, people will be baffled by hope much effort we put in to getting to space and ultimately, but even more baffled by our lack of progreas in man space flight since then.

Imo, the next gold rush will be out in space. And I think many counties (and private business like space x) will miss out tremendously nectar of this laps in progress Phone Post 3.0
Ahhh yes, the tempestuous "Slave Race of the 1960's". Crazy times. Phone Post 3.0

Fuckin crazy!!! Phone Post 3.0

UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode -

Mars bitches Phone Post 3.0

I have a friend that was a NASA engineer that told me a bunch of crazy facts about the shuttle and some of the rockets. I don't remember them so you'll have to just pretend that I posted them and you were awed Phone Post 3.0

Naderhood - I have a friend that was a NASA engineer that told me a bunch of crazy facts about the shuttle and some of the rockets. I don't remember them so you'll have to just pretend that I posted them and you were awed Phone Post 3.0

GODDAMN!  That's crazy shit!  VU

I could not give less of a shit about space shuttles, NASA and all of that jazz. I just wanna eat some spaghettiOs out of the can and watch Netflix.