Sick gauntlet from The Last Knight exhibit

That's fucking cool.

In

The Met is fucking awesome, so much cool shit in there.

They had Boxer at Rest there once on loan from Rome. I was so happy I got to see it in person.

Very cool. 

super cool....thanks for posting OP

in

Tomato Can - The Met is fucking awesome, so much cool shit in there.

They had Boxer at Rest there once on loan from Rome. I was so happy I got to see it in person.

That's cool, I must have missed that some six years back.

Last year there was a cool temporary exhibit about historic boxing cards and related paintings and imagry.

I photographed that in its entirety and posted it here

https://www.mixedmartialarts.com/forums/UnderGround/On-The-Ropes---Vintage-Boxing-Cards---MET-Museum:2777963

Incredible museum. So much packed in there. If anyone reading this has any photo requests, I'm regularly at the Natural History Museum (even again this morning) and at the Met Museum once or twice a month at least.

-jk

LieDetector - 

The Art Institute in Chicago has a great weapon/armor display if anyone ever has a chance. 

Totally. I spent a day there shortly after Christmas this past year and a good 3 hours in that exhibit, at least. So fucking amazing.

Jump Kick -

That's metal as fuck!

1 Like

So cool and reminder of what a brutal time that was in history.

I couldn't imagine being on the front lines of a battlefield knowing I will probably die or lose a limb or two. I'll watch every damn film, series and documentary out there on this era.

1 Like

For later

Jump Kick -

That's like reactive tank armor... interesting 

solidsnake - So cool and reminder of what a brutal time that was in history.

I couldn't imagine being on the front lines of a battlefield knowing I will probably die or lose a limb or two. I'll watch every damn film, series and documentary out there on this era.

And the medical treatment is "bleeding" the patient 

Very cool.

shadallion - The concept of 1.5x/2x/2.5x of body-weight becomes less true the higher the body-weight goes.

If a guy weighs 250, do we really think he should be able to squate 500lbs?

You can't tell me that a 160 pound guy squating 320 lbs is nearly as tough as a 250 lbs man squatting 500 lbs!

I've just been reviewing the raw drug-free powerlifting standards classification, and yes, it looks like the weights do work out pretty close to that.  For example, a male lifter in the 148lbs class who does 2x bodyweight for squats is doing 296lbs, which puts him just 20lbs short of Class I.  A male lifter in the 242lbs class who does 2x bodyweight for squat lifts 484lbs, which puts him exactly on the line for Class I (i.e. if he lifted one pound less, he'd still be in Class II like the 148-lbs guy).  So not absolutely perfict, and 2x for heavier weights does get them slightly higher in the rankings than 2x does for lightweights, but its pretty close.

So yeah, next time you see a 150lbs guy squatting with three plates on each side, you can say "damn dude, that's equal to a 250lbs dude who is squatting 500lbs!

Here are the standards I found:  http://www.rawpowerlifting.com/classifications.htm

Good for Cormier. Only 10 fights into his MMA career and he's already making $50K + $50K, and that's only going to go up.

Very cool...

WikiTheWalrus -

Is that a breastplate with wheels on it?