SickEyeDiaz's swan song...

What can I say...Nick lost and GSP won.

I thought they both could have done more offensively. Nick had no answer for the ground game besides his strike defense. Georges didn't offer a whole lot standing or on the ground, in my opinion. His takedowns were plentyful, as expected, and he ground out a decision, as expected. Nick wasn't as aggressive as I thought he would be on his feet, and when it hit the ground, his offense was nullified.

I'm looking forward to Hendricks vs GSP, as I thought Hendricks killed it tonight. As far as Nick goes, I want to see him against anyone in the WW div. besides GSP. I think he can beat any striker and hold his own, if not beat, any wrestler. The best thing is, there are a lot of great guys coming up in the ranks that would be great matchups for him. Hell, they might even whoop his ass in a couple years! lf he gets cast to the realm of gatekeepers, then so be it. He will put on great fights or try his damnest. GSP...well, may he continue to dominate.

But on to the good stuff! I lost a screen name bet to SoupCan, which also included an icon change. So if he would be so kind as to please come on here (and I know he will) and introduce me to my new screen name and icon for six months...let me have it!

I also have a bet with LilBrock (RampageFitsLikeAGlove) that says that I will not be able to post in any thread  about Nick Diaz for the next six months. So that's why I called this thread my swan song. see y'all Diaz fans (with my real name) in six months! (9/16/13)

So let me have it! 

For what it's worth you're one of the better posters on the forum and obviously not an obnoxious or disrespectful Diaz fan by any means. Goodluck with the name change, hopefully it's not too harsh :).

In! I just want to see the results of this. And props for owning up man.

At the end of the day GSP did more and dominated 50-45

^^^ LOL!

lockon - For what it's worth you're one of the better posters on the forum and obviously not an obnoxious or disrespectful Diaz fan by any means. Goodluck with the name change, hopefully it's not too harsh :).

Thanks bub!

What an awesome Diaz fan you are, OP.

VTFU

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 

What an awesome Diaz fan you are, OP.

VTFU

Thank you and VTFU. You helped hyped this fight a lot on here while remaining civil. We'll have to wait to see, but I bet this fight was up there with the best selling PPV's in UFC history. 

Jaybrone - 

In! I just want to see the results of this. And props for owning up man.

Thank you and VTFU too. Getting a positive reaction from you (my toughest critic) means more to me than you will ever know ;)

FinestScotch -
funwithbakedgoods - At the end of the day GSP did more and dominated 50-45

Dominating is what Ellenburgers did to Marquardt.

Point scoring is what GSP did to Diaz.

Fight metric. Phone Post

Agreed, thus,in, wut..

lockon - For what it's worth you're one of the better posters on the forum and obviously not an obnoxious or disrespectful Diaz fan by any means. Goodluck with the name change, hopefully it's not too harsh :).

This is what I meant to quote in my last post. Agreed, this, in, wut,, things, and points.

MMAFAN695 - 

Time to eat crow...

Oh well.

Anyway, I think Nick should move up to 185 and fight Bisping..    He wants a crack at Anderson Silva he should start there and continue to work through the division.

He should move to any weight that offers a striker. I haven't  mentioned it much before, but I think there's a lot of truth in the notion that he's avoided wrestlers...and I don't mean that it was the promoters doing, it was Nicks doing. He's no dummy...he knows that he can-n-will lose a deision to a wrestler. His training routine and way of life are that of an endurance athlete, not a strength athlete. Therefore a martial art that favors strength over endurance, like wrestling, will be a weak spot for him. 

That being said, why shouldn't he try to get a match with a striker? Makes perfect sense stylistically.

I'm glad this whole fiasco is over, as much as I was looking forward to it. Now Nick can reside on the sidelines and put on great fights without the pressure of being the champ.

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 

Props for owning up SickEye and maybe if you get a couple months down the road and are itching to get back on Diaz threads, we can possibly work something out so you can regain your posting priveleges.

On a side note, being near the cities area, are you a Vikings fan?  Good things happening w/ the team if so.

as a matter of fact, I am. My family and in-laws...infinitely more so!

But yeah, I hope we can continue our Diaz arguments to some extent when the next ND fight is announced. You obviously have more fodder than ever now but I'll try to find a way to make it interesting ;)

I am here...

Great fight, great build up... All I really have to say is Cesar Gracie is a used car salesmen, I really hope Nick and Nate the best in their careers and as well in life. I also really hope they leave CGJJ, guy is out there alone fighting. I didn't see Cesar anywhere cage side and isn't he the head trainer/manager? How demoralizing was that for that Nick? Id like to see Nick leave Cesar and he would most likely go on to become more of a success..... Phone Post

Oh hells ya, if Nick could work with the elite of the elite, he would be an unstoppable force. But they would probably want to eliminate the vegan diet in favor of a more strength-gaining diet (i.e. more protien) which wouldn't fly. The guy is passionate about his diet, so basically the new routine would have to jive with the old one. That wouldn't work. It's your basic catch 22. 

As fans, we can only hope that the guys he fights either gas early or choose to stand with him. If they gas early, lack striking, or lack sub defense at the highest level, then they are dead meat. The only fighter that I can think of that fit all those traits is GSP. Anyone else....watch out.

so what's it gonna be SoupCan...enquiring minds want to know!

As for your new name?

SickEyedGSPsSoupCan, StinkEyedSoup or NaderhoodsPregnantSock...

I haven't decided yet, ill let you know in the morning... Curious though to as what my name would have been Phone Post

LOL just to satisfy your curiosity...

this would have been your new icon...

and your name would have been...

SickEyeDiazJr.