Sid Meier’s Civilization VI free until May 28th

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/sid-meiers-civilization-vi/home

6 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

I need to give it a go again.  I'm a huge Civ 5 fan but just never got into 6.  I think because I tried it right when it came out and before all the DLC.  Gonna give it another try.

cool thanks

dhughes -

I need to give it a go again.  I'm a huge Civ 5 fan but just never got into 6.  I think because I tried it right when it came out and before all the DLC.  Gonna give it another try.

Civ games are barely playable until there's been at least 2 major expansions.  Then they are incredible.

I'm playing old world right now.  It's an early release and still buggy but offers a lot more depth than civ.

V Is better. I play 6 now, but V was better. The hours I have in V is very, very high. 

I have this for the Switch but haven't cracked it open yet. Never played any of them before. 

CIV 5

Shoshone pathfinders turned into no movement penalty composite bowmen/crossbowmen FTW! 

Thanks, just downloaded it!

Free until the 28th, or free for good?

1 Like

GTA V was free earlier this week from the same place.

I ordered it and will do the same for Civ VI, even though my current PC isn’t good enough to play either.

Im really pissed I didnt grab Kingdom Come when the was free.

The Pendulum - 

Free until the 28th, or free for good?

Free for good but you have to claim it before the 28th.

They give away free game(s) every week. Last week was GTA V.

Also they have a sale going on. Every one gets a $10 coupon from them and if you buy a game that is $14.99 or more you’ll get another $10.

okiebug -
dhughes -

Civ games are barely playable until there's been at least 2 major expansions.  Then they are incredible.

I'm playing old world right now.  It's an early release and still buggy but offers a lot more depth than civ.

Thanks for the reccomendation. Civ was always my fav game but I didn't like 6. Ive tried twice to get into it after the bad launch but I can't,  even with the expansion every game is the same imo

Really stoked for ck3 in sept. 

Anyone know if this game will run on a MacBook Air? 2017, I think? 

da Vinci 81 - 

Uhh, not well. It is a very graphically intensive game that wasnt optimised very well. 

https://www.macgamerhq.com/strategy/civilization-6-mac-review/

I remember playing one of these games years ago (civ 3 maybe?) and it was fun as hell...while it lasted. I had hours into a campaign and was just starting to kick some ass with about half the world taken over and then one day I opened it up and got a ‘file corrupted’ message. And that was it, couldn’t open it up and everything was lost. Pissed me off so much I don’t think I ever played it again, lol. 

DaveFu -
da Vinci 81 - 

Uhh, not well. It is a very graphically intensive game that wasnt optimised very well. 

https://www.macgamerhq.com/strategy/civilization-6-mac-review/

Damn, that sucks. I’ll have to check out the specs on mine I but if MacBook pro’s barely run it my air probably won’t.

At least not well enough to enjoy. 

thanks for the link. 

I just bought Saints Row the Third Remastered off of Epic.