Signed up for a half marathon

December 10 in Tucson. Ive done a full and a half before. But I’ll be 50 when this one hits.

If you’d like to run it with me I would be a gracious host. Also, free handy’s from Meow Mix if you finish under 1:50

11 Likes

What’s your running schedule been like for the last year? Will you follow a certain plan to train for the half?

2 Likes

My ex mother in law won a half for her age group and hadn’t trained a day for it. She had done a hand full of 5k months before . When we would show up for races the old ladies would be pissed“ fuck Shirley is here”.

1 Like

Is the the Mt Lemon one?

I did a marathon once. I fucking hate running but I thought I’d at least run one just to say I had … and to see if I could. Fuck they are terrible. Zero fun.

I just hate running so god damn much.

Lol … any way, good luck you old fucker!

What’s your goal time?

2 Likes

I really do want to do another marathon. I did the rock n roll marathon in Phoenix like 8 years ago, but that’s the only one I’ve done

1 Like

Awesome!

The 20 mile wall is real. I almost quit when I hit it, but powered through. The last mile was pure adrenaline and I sprinted across the finish line

3 Likes

My knees wish you good luck in the race.

1 Like

I did a half years ago and this guy sprinted the end and ate shit. He ended up scorpioning and
Him and his mom kept screaming about his digger,” fuck , fucking a.!!!, fuck!!!”.! I interceded and reminded them this was a family event. Total trash

1 Like

Lol, yeah the last couple seconds before the finish line was a crazy mad dash. I remember I blew right by a couple people just before crossing because fuck them lmao. And then immediately collapsed on the ground

3 Likes

Mine was set up where the last mile + was slightly downhill and then I finished in a running track.

I let two people enter the track in front of me. I slow jogged that. I wanted to enjoy that finish.

2 Likes

I’m running about 15 miles a week. Since January. I will follow a simple plan I downloaded. 16 week plan. My goal is to come in under 1:50

2 Likes

It’s not. It up in Marana or Oro Valley. Pretty flat course thankfully.

1 Like

cat eye GIF

Finish the run, or finish from the handy? I’m confident I could do one, but not the other.

I fucking hate tucson but to support you i may be down, but only if you give me the handy . Im w in 2 hours

You mighta found a loop hole. Gotta finish the half in 1:50:00

Where you at? I will ply you with beer after the race. Or Zimas. I don’t judge.

2 Likes

I e done a handful of full ones and half’s
All my half’s were 1:56-1:58
My full the best I ever did was 4:10
My girlfriend convinced me to run Seattle on Nov
I have not run in 7 years
I’m fucking dying right now I’m week 5
At this rate I’ll barely break 4:45
I’m 53

3 Likes