Silva opens as 5-2 favorite over Diaz

And Diaz is currently a 3-1 underdog. These odds really surprise me. Diaz is probably my favorite fighter stylistically of all time, but it's fucking Anderson Silva. Has Chris Weidman really whiped our memory of his dominance?

If it really is true that Silva just signed for 15 fights, that tells me he's motivated as all hell and will probably come in and get a quick TKO and throw himself right back in the mix.

I really don't want to see either of these guys lose though because I want them both to have great comeback runs. Would love to see them both exceed expectations. Phone Post 3.0

neddac - Have there been any interviews or statements from Diaz since this fight was announced?

I know he had his run in with the law but I'm surprised to hear nothing from his camp.

A boxer, who's name escapes me, did mention in an interview that he was training for a fight. (this was shortly before it was announced)

Nothing since that??

I like both fighters so just want to see a great fight.

*Don't kid yourself though Mr Bear, Silva won't even fight 5 of those fights before he retires.
Yeah, I honestly think it's a rumor to get us to think he's super motivated Phone Post 3.0

neddac - Have there been any interviews or statements from Diaz since this fight was announced?

I know he had his run in with the law but I'm surprised to hear nothing from his camp.

A boxer, who's name escapes me, did mention in an interview that he was training for a fight. (this was shortly before it was announced)

Nothing since that??

I like both fighters so just want to see a great fight.

*Don't kid yourself though Mr Bear, Silva won't even fight 5 of those fights before he retires.
And I remember seeing that Fertitta said that the fight wasn't in jeopardy Phone Post 3.0

Should be 50-2

laying some serious money on Silva

Uh, wouldn't that be 2 1/2 - 1? Phone Post 3.0

I thought 5-2 were the odds of Zuffa adding another $5.00 charge to the PPV price?

Diaz is my favorite fighter ever. That being said, I'm tempted to put a boatload of money on Silva with these odds. Doesn't make sense.

Silva will absolutely demolish Diaz... Diaz's stand and trade style is tailor made for Silvas stick and move style... It will look similar to the Leban massacre.

I predict this fight never happens Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, funny considering Bonner was a way bigger underdog Phone Post 3.0

Stephen Holder -

Diaz & Silva are my top two dudes of all time. I wish I could go see this shit live but it looks like I'm not going to be able to. When you take the long layoffs from both fighters into consideration and Diaz fighting at 185 and then Silva's age and his broken leg, its really about as neck and neck as you can get. Youre just fucking flat out retarded if you dont see that. This will be a competitive fight.

If you don't think this fight is neck and neck you are completely retarded? That's a little extreme don't you think?

I don't think this fight will be close at all. I mean I think this will probably be the most one sided, embarrassing striking clinic put on another human being in MMA, ever.

Stylistically, Diaz has almost nothing for Anderson. Silva is a quicker, more accurate, more diverse, more powerful striker. He's a better wrestler. He has a much higher fight IQ. His BJJ is the only thing that may put him at a disadvantage but let's be real, this fight won't go to the ground. Anderson is arguably the greatest of all time and has only lost twice to the same guy in the last 7 years. He has made pro fighters look like amateurs and absolutely embarrassed the very best in the world.

I could be dead wrong. Nick could come in and KO Anderson in under a round or secure a flying armbar and force the tap. The above is just what I THINK. Who knows, really? But you're telling me that because I think the greatest champ in UFC history has a 6-1 chance in beating a guy that never lived up to the hype, I'm retarded?

Your logic doesn't make sense. Phone Post 3.0

SupesUp - Yeah, funny considering Bonner was a way bigger underdog Phone Post 3.0
A considerable amount has been done to Anderson since the Bonnar fight. Phone Post 3.0