Silva to fight Minotauro/Cro Cop!

news.adcombat.com

"Wanderlei confirms: 'I will face Rodrigo Minotauro or Mirko Cro Cop on December 31st´
Submitted by: Luca Atalla
Posted On 06/22/2004

Pride´s middleweight champion, Wanderlei Silva is scheduled to face the Japanese star Yuki Kondo on August 15th, but the brazilian fighter is already thinking almost six months ahead. Last week, he confirmed the information that many of martial arts fans would like to hear: 'I will face Rodrigo Minotauro Nogueira or Mirko Cro Cop on December 31st' stated Wand.

The chuteboxer pointed to his countryman Nogueira as the toughest fighter in the world: 'To beat him, I must avoid his takedowns and try to win the fight using my striking skills. I will try to knock him out while we are standing'.

Rodrigo Minotauro Nogueira, who defeated Heath Herring last Sunday during the Pride GP quarterfinals, celebrates the opportunity to face Wanderlei. 'I´m more than ready to get him. I respect him very much and I think it is going to be a great fight, in a great event. Maybe I am the one who will stop his streak and end his four year period without a defeat' says Minotauro.

The challenge against Minotauro might be the first step for Wanderlei Silva on his way to the heavyweight category. 'My current weight is 98kg and I´m ready to fight anyone, whether im my category or among the heavyweights, I´m able to face any fighter in the world', ends Wand.

Do you disagree?"

Damn..

The only reason I wouldn't want them to sign Mino/Silva is cause we won't get to see it LIVE, here in the states.

That would fuckin suck!!!

i thought they were pals heh

That would be awesome.

Insane ! Mino-Silva could be the best fight ever

It may take Nog to end Silva's insane win streak.

The only part I don't agree with is "pointed to his countryman Nogueira as the toughest fighter in the world", but this fight would be AWESOME!

would be great if it happened. Mino would only outweigh Silva by about 15lbs. I would think Mino would be the big favorite if they ever did fight.

I'd guess Crocop, in which case I think Silva would win in the first round via swarming/takedown/finish.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!! That WOULD be a helluva fight! Where did you find that article anyway? Better not be making it up.

i like how he forgot fedor,cause he dont have a chance in hell.

"FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!! That WOULD be a helluva fight! Where did you find that article anyway? Better not be making it up."

news.adcombat.com

Silva versus Cro Cop, holy sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!

Can I hear some opinions from the haters please?
The ones who say that Silva only fights tomato cans?

"i like how he forgot fedor,cause he dont have a chance in hell."

Not too many lhw guys have a chance against the #1 heavyweight on Earth. How mant HWs have a chance against Fedor?

Serious. That would be a dope fight, but he still has to worry about Jackson (and before that, Kondo), right? ...unless Pride has changed things again

Pride has probably changed things. But I'd rather see crocrop/silva first cuz they tied last time and ties suck. I wanna know forsure who is the better striker.

ttt

TTT