Silva v Hunt shouldn't have fought

There is obviously always going to be disagreement on the outcome of the fight since no one knows the exact step by step methods of the PRIDE judging - only hearsay.

While it was an entertaining fight - maybe the best of the night - it never should have happened in the first place. Wanderlei has been loyal to PRIDE for the last 4 undefeated years and has fought anyone they put in front of him.

Then on the last fight of his contract he trains hard to fight against Sakuraba - probably with very specific strategy since he's faced him so many times before. He cuts weight down to around 205, which takes a lot of energy and strength out of you. Then on 3 days notice Sakuraba gets changed to Mark Hunt - someone considerably harder, heavier, and who has not had to make weight.

So OK, thanks for giving him someone other than a tomato can to make it interesting, but now look what happens. He loses to someone way out of his weight class which isn't really beneficial to either fighter or their fans. Silva's 4 year record is tarnished, but to very unusual circumstances. Hunt beat the best Middleweight, but he's much heavier so that discredits it a lot (imagine if instead of Gomi, Pulver had to fight Silva!).

An entertaining fight - but a fight that should not have occured... and maybe Silva is somewhat to blame - but the guy seems to do whatever it takes to keep fans entertained and PRIDE happy. Can't say the same for many other fighters.

I feel a little bad about his winning streak ending especially because I think the decision was wrong. But I don't think Silva will lose any sleep over it and they did put on the fight of the night. Silva has been asking for a heavyweight and he got one on short notice.

ya, he got one, and got his ass beat.

I disagree and my response is go read frank triggs preview of the fight on mmaweekly a few days ago. It will describe it perfectly.

He basically said this fight is what mma is about, putting it all on the line to entertain the fans.

Silva made a long streak comprised of mostly undersized opponents. Not to take anything away from Silva, he is a warrior and will fight anyone. But, what goes around does come around.

But Hunt not even tried to hit Yoshida. Against Silva on Hunt was a little different attitude.
No Yoshida be anybody (Silva,Frye,Satake,Tamura&Hunt) other at all tried in the truely hits, than once Tamura by accident to the counter ball from, where Yoshida dropped. After that his should hit a bit more careful.

I'm sure Silva received a nice pay day for stepping up to the plate.

(by the way I think Silva won)

"Silva made a long streak comprised of mostly undersized opponents. Not to take anything away from Silva, he is a warrior and will fight anyone. But, what goes around does come around."

We need this statement on a bronze plaque!

Every dog has their day.

"Silva made a long streak comprised of mostly undersized opponents. Not to take anything away from Silva, he is a warrior and will fight anyone. But, what goes around does come around."

That's true. After a night's sleep I now think back to the fight and I'm glad it was on the card because it was hella entertaining to watch with some friends. Wandy will just have to accept it (I don't think a dispute has ever resulted in an overturned decision) and move on. I just hope he doesn't go to K-1 as a result of ill will towards PRIDE.

I already order UFC and PRIDE... I can't add another PPV to the bills! :)