Silva vs. Overeem confirmed

Only it's Valentijn Overeem, Alistair's older brother, the former 90s pro wrestling star in Japan, facing Antonio "Big Foot" Silva.  The match will be officially announced in a few hours, but has been confirmed for 12/4 in St. Louis.

My boy Aaron Brink happened to have smashed Valentine (or however you spell his name) Overeem. Just saying. 

Useless match is useless

Silva by acromegaly stomp

Valentijn is a can at this point in his career.

So if Valentijn wins ..... we can look forward to Alistair and him fighting it out soon for the gold??  Looking forward to Silva/Overeem, but fight doesn't make much sense for the HW division. 

Big Foot needs to stay busy while Fedor is ducking Overeem and Werdum is hurt, Big Foot just wants to fight

Seamus619 -  My boy Aaron Brink happened to have smashed Alistair Overeem. Just saying.

Alistair quickly tapped brink out with a guillotine. you're remembering the other overeem.

ttt

supraboy77 - 
Seamus619 -  My boy Aaron Brink happened to have smashed Alistair Overeem. Just saying.
 Alistair quickly tapped brink out with a guillotine. you're remembering the other overeem.
Correct. 

Overeem hasn't fought since 08 and has won 3 in his last 5 and got armbarred by Yvel.

Alistair's brother??fuck!!!and i was so looking forward to that fight!!

I still don't understand Strikeforce's matchmaking? They supposedly have a heavyweight roster that rivals the UFC, yet they simply can't make an interesting fight to save their lives.

Fedor - back in Russia, only wants to fight Werdum
Overeem - K-1 is his priority if he can't fight Fedor
Werdum - out until 2011
Sergei - signs w/Strikeforce 3 months ago, yet no fight announced
Brett Rogers - Is fighting in a local show against a can
Del Rosario - Waiting for a fight w/big name, completely being ignored
Barnett - why not have him debut against Bigfoot
Arlovski, Cormier - also don't have fights booked.

A host of names that Strikeforce could be matching up together, yet they have decided on Silva vs. Valentijn Overeem and his 28-25 record.

Come on Coker. Who is running the show here. The fans want to support your promotion, but you keep booking stupid-ass fights that make your divisions and titles worthless.

surprised strikeforce didn't just sign jason guida to fight bigfoot...

ttt

MMAsurvival - I still don't understand Strikeforce's matchmaking? They supposedly have a heavyweight roster that rivals the UFC, yet they simply can't make an interesting fight to save their lives.

Fedor - back in Russia, only wants to fight Werdum

Overeem - K-1 is his priority if he can't fight Fedor

Werdum - out until 2011

Sergei - signs w/Strikeforce 3 months ago, yet no fight announced

Brett Rogers - Is fighting in a local show against a can

Del Rosario - Waiting for a fight w/big name, completely being ignored

Barnett - why not have him debut against Bigfoot

Arlovski, Cormier - also don't have fights booked.

A host of names that Strikeforce could be matching up together, yet they have decided on Silva vs. Valentijn Overeem and his 28-25 record.

Come on Coker. Who is running the show here. The fans want to support your promotion, but you keep booking stupid-ass fights that make your divisions and titles worthless.
this

TTT