Silva's fake respect isn't fooling anyone

The bow he does before the fight instead of touching gloves comes off as the most insincere shit on the face of the earth. As does the dropping to your knees, kneeling at the feet of your opponent after the fight.

If Maia disprespected Silva, why did Silva bow to him before and after the fight?

If Silva felt so disrespected about Maia's comments and is the great black belt that he claims, why wouldn't he engage Maia on the ground?

JCNovak - If Silva felt so disrespected about Maia's comments and is the great black belt that he claims, why wouldn't he engage Maia on the ground?

because he was destroying him on the feet and by being macho by going to the ground was Maias only chance.Maia obviously couldnt take Silva down Id have love to see him grapple on the ground with Maia But unless Maia was able to bring the fight to the ground it would be bad strategy to engage on the ground when ur dominating the fight standing and cant be takin down Good question though

groundfighter2000 - The bow he does before the fight instead of touching gloves comes off as the most insincere shit on the face of the earth. As does the dropping to your knees, kneeling at the feet of your opponent after the fight.

Agreed. I'm a big Anderson fan but lately he's been coming off as a dick. The fake bowing and kneeling doesn't make up for humiliating and disrespecting your opponents.

Plus it makes him seem like an asshole when Maia goes in for a handshake and he bows instead of shaking his hand. I noticed that at the weigh-ins, too.

hes always been super arrogant. Its the fact he doesnt speak English that made people think he was this soft spoken humble guy and that fact his manager/ translator Ed Soares lies about his post fight comments.

People laugh at Chael Sonnen but i think hes right..Anderson is clowning everyone. I was a silva fan untill tonight.

anderson is terrible....he owes me 45.00

anderson silva = no entertainment value..

it felt strange very strange, i took a hot shower, i scrubbed and scrubbed but eyes will never forget this rape.

lookoutawhale - hes always been super arrogant. Its the fact he doesnt speak English that made people think he was this soft spoken humble guy and that fact his manager/ translator Ed Soares lies about his post fight comments.

Most bullies are cowards. First two and one half rounds was the bully. Last two and one half was the coward.

Silva fooled Joe into thinking he was tired.....

He looked tired in the later rounds to me too. I guess acting a fool takes alot of energy.

Anderson needs to use that bow to start giving me a $55 blow job.

lookoutawhale - hes always been super arrogant. Its the fact he doesnt speak English that made people think he was this soft spoken humble guy and that fact his manager/ translator Ed Soares lies about his post fight comments.

Add to that: Anderson DOES speak english. There's even an interview up now at UFC.com where Anderson respond on his own -- in English.

groundfighter2000 - The bow he does before the fight instead of touching gloves comes off as the most insincere shit on the face of the earth. As does the dropping to your knees, kneeling at the feet of your opponent after the fight.

I agree he's so FAKE trying hard to be known as a respectful fighter.. Soares is also a POS fake translator

IF ANDERSON SILVA SPOKE ENGLISH HE WOULD BE THE 2ND MOST HATED GUY IN THE UFC, RIGHT AFTER BROCK.

Frantic - IF ANDERSON SILVA SPOKE ENGLISH HE WOULD BE THE 2ND MOST HATED GUY IN THE UFC, RIGHT AFTER BROCK.

that's why he hired douchey Soares

Winston Wolf - 
JCNovak - If Silva felt so disrespected about Maia's comments and is the great black belt that he claims, why wouldn't he engage Maia on the ground?

because he was destroying him on the feet and by being macho by going to the ground was Maias only chance.Maia obviously couldnt take Silva down Id have love to see him grapple on the ground with Maia But unless Maia was able to bring the fight to the ground it would be bad strategy to engage on the ground when ur dominating the fight standing and cant be takin down Good question though

Yeah, I understand why Silva didn't go to the ground with Maia but it still doesn't validate his excuse that the reason he put on a bad fight was because he felt disrespected. If Maia's comments were so bothersome to him he had the perfect opportunity to try and make Maia eat his words by showing the world that he could hang with him on the ground. It's just a lame excuse by Silva for yet another underwhelming performance