Silverado guys

Is the check engine light on?

bonzo79 -

Is the check engine light on?

No

2nd post nails it.

Consult a child next time you have a issue.

Nice truck just got a '15 i feel it

My persinal favorite western. Cliche fun all the way through. 10 of 10 for me. I always hoped for a sequel.

Nice truck. Every time I see one named I think of that movie.

1 Like
El_Clap - My persinal favorite western. Cliche fun all the way through. 10 of 10 for me. I always hoped for a sequel.

Nice truck. Every time I see one named I think of that movie.

Im gonna watch it soon. Im off work 9 outta the next 10 days so plenty of time. Maybe I’ll watch a few westerns

Drove a few hds for work a while back. I enjoyed them. Don't think I would ever buy one for anything but work. 

1chaino -

Oil consumption issues. The valve lifter oil manifold will need oil deflectors installed to correct this concern. New pistons/rings will not correct this issue it will just continue and burn out the new pistons as well. Be sure that when this engine is overhauled the new updated oil deflectors are installed. 

Is this a problem on the 16s .I googled it and it was a problem in the 11-15s. 

Trade for Ford Superduty. Problem solved.

jcross -

Trade for Ford Superduty. Problem solved.

I had a 2009 f550 probably the biggest peace of shit ive ever owned. Also had a 2006 f150 that absolutely sucked in the snow. Almost made it unusable in the winter

Say what you will about dodge and Chevy but I don't know ANYONE who has put a whole new motor in one.   Ford on the other hand I lost track of how many people I know that had to spend $18k on a motor.

Turbo54 -
1chaino -

Oil consumption issues. The valve lifter oil manifold will need oil deflectors installed to correct this concern. New pistons/rings will not correct this issue it will just continue and burn out the new pistons as well. Be sure that when this engine is overhauled the new updated oil deflectors are installed. 

No-model year 16 was built with oil deflectors in the oil manifold

1chaino -
Turbo54 -
1chaino -

No-model year 16 was built with oil deflectors in the oil manifold

Check out vin#. Model year 6 in the middle followed by a letter ( most likely R) if the last 6 # are greater than 100,000 you have oil deflectors already installed. If the last 6 digits start with zero than you have a left over engine used in the new model year and may (or may not) have had oil deflectors installed at a Powertrain quality center in Mexico. This sounds crazy but true. Sorry bro, fucking NAFTA

235k on my 2008. Not a bad truck IMO