Simon Marcus on breaking people's arms with a kick

GLORY middleweight champion Simon Marcus might well be the pound-for-pound hardest kicker in the sport of kickboxing. He's snapped several opponent's forearms with his body kick.

Marcus defends the belt against Brazilian power-puncher Alex Pereira this Saturday at GLORY 46 CHINA

Ernesto Hoost shakes his head

A black guy wearing a black shirt to an interview with a black background is just not cool. Should have gotten him to at least change shirts.

Pierre St-George -

A black guy wearing a black shirt to an interview with a black background is just not cool. Should have gotten him to at least change shirts.

excellent stylistic point

notsobigmike - 
stainlesssteel -
Pierre St-George -

Not stylistic - that's production.

Whoever was directing/producing that fucked up.

At the very least they needed to blast him with some more light so he doesn't look like floating eyes and teeth.

It's not anybody's fuck up; some things got lost in translation between production and the Chinese logistics partners on the ground, which resulted in fewer and weaker lights than had been requested and a wrongly-printed banner which could not be used, hence the plain black banner. Fight week schedule is tight and there was no time to print a new banner or source extra lighting. 

First time in China; still ironing out some creases. 

notsobigmike - 
Glory Kickboxing -
notsobigmike - 
stainlesssteel -
Pierre St-George -

At the very least they needed to blast him with some more light so he doesn't look like floating eyes and teeth.

<p>
		<span class="User-249397" id="userPost61047839">It's not anybody's fuck up; some things got lost in translation between production and the Chinese logistics partners on the ground, which resulted in fewer and weaker lights than had been requested and a wrongly-printed banner which could not be used, hence the plain black banner. Fight week schedule is tight and there was no time to print a new banner or source extra lighting.&nbsp;</span></p>
	<p>
		<span class="User-249397" id="userPost61047839">First time in China; still ironing out some creases.&nbsp;</span></p>
</blockquote>
<p>
	<span class="User-249397" id="userPost61047839">Shit man, fair response.</span></p>
<p>
	<span class="User-249397" id="userPost61047839">&nbsp;</span></p>
<p>
	<span class="User-249397" id="userPost61047839">I work in video, so I know the pitfalls and headaches.&nbsp; Not trying to throw the video under the bus - I've seen far worse than that.</span></p>
<p>
	<span class="User-249397" id="userPost61047839">&nbsp;</span></p>
<p>
	<span class="User-249397" id="userPost61047839">And good luck in the future - dealing with international production and crews that you don't regularly deal with can be a nightmare sometimes.</span></p>

...is an understatment haha

Today I learned that the Mandarin word for IN is Chu and OUT is Shu

We have an American unit director working with local cameramen; taking bets now on how many times he is going to get the opposite shot from the one he thinks he is calling for. Mandarin is a tonal language and very hard for westerners to pronounce. 

Stay tuned :D

Glory, when are you bringing a big event to England? 

Glory Kickboxing -
notsobigmike - 
stainlesssteel -
Pierre St-George -

It's not anybody's fuck up; some things got lost in translation between production and the Chinese logistics partners on the ground, which resulted in fewer and weaker lights than had been requested and a wrongly-printed banner which could not be used, hence the plain black banner. Fight week schedule is tight and there was no time to print a new banner or source extra lighting. 

First time in China; still ironing out some creases. 

Thanks for the inside info!

Any plans to come to Brisbane Australia?

I’d definitely go. 

Not one fucking kick shown.

Just a quick / long question. 

What’s the road block from getting glory televised on free tv or free on cable. Everywhere?  

I’m a complete lamen when it comes to this but I’m asking because in my mind it would make sense to give the product away for pennies on the dollar. If not for free to every network you can for between 1-5 Year’s and build a following. Once this has happened and the ratings are decent you will be able to negotiate some real coin.    This makes total sense to me unless you follow the line of thinking that selling something cheap devalues you’re product. In which case I retort that the only thing that is more important than that is exposure. Which increases demand which creates a bigger market.    YouTube would have never got off the ground if not for this. 

Which is exactly where most people are watching your fights content at the moment. At least this way many others will tune in while flicking through channels and word of mouth. Far more people are going to watch if they can watch it on tv and have a few beers. Nobody’s going to have a few beers on the weekend and watch a clip on the computer!   

Dont let time zones put you off. The ufc has already proven that people will adapt. Even if you delay it by a few hours it’s better than not showing it at all. 

I honestly don’t see why you are not doing this unless you can’t even give it away for free. 

Ive had this same thought with EBI scheduling their shows right before the UFC. They would gain a massive audience in no time. 

Not telling you what to do,but if this is not the case then can you please fill me in. Because right now it doesn’t make sense to me.