Simple story. Could be a sign

I have wanted to get into falconry for a while now.

Late last year I had applied for several positions with my job and it seemed as if nothing was gonna happen. I put more effort into researching the falconry thing and decided I was gonna follow through. I started the process. I got the info from CA fish and game. I started studying a bit for the test. I was looking into building the mews (bird house).

Before you can do anything you need to find a master falconer willing to take you under their wing for a 2 year apprenticeship. This proves to be the most difficult thing. They have no obligation to do such a thing so you gotta really get to know someone and hopefully they'll like you. I lived in the middle of the desert and it didn't look there was anyone within 150 miles.

Then I picked up the promotion I put in for in VA. I have to kinda shadow this guy that's been here a while as I learn the ropes. We talk every day about work and dogs.

Just found out that he is a master falconer.

You'll peck your eye out.

Buy a lottery ticket.

I've heard that exact story countless times...

Sharks, raptors, and the great cats.

All apex predators, all cool as fuck.

That does a falcon go for these days, dollar wise?

On my way to work the other day, I saw one carrying a snake it had killed for lunch, gotta love that.

perhaps that guy can help atlanta's o-line from letting matt ryan get run over?

awesome man, post lots for us as you progress.

phydeau - Sharks, raptors, and the great cats.

All apex predators, all cool as fuck.

That does a falcon go for these days, dollar wise?

You have to start as an apprentice. As such you can not buy the raptor, you have to trap it in the wild. You are alowed, as an apprentice, to keep an American Kestrel or a Red Tailed Hawk. You gotta kinda go with the prey in the area. I'd probably go with the RTH. Lots of rabbits and squirrels.

This guys showing pics of some of the hunts. Lots of rabbits and squirrels and then this ugly as possum. Thing was big too.