Simply Orange Juice: toxic levels of PFAS aka "forever chemicals"

A new class-action lawsuit in the US alleges Coca-Cola and Simply Orange Juice deceived customers with claims of an all-natural, healthy product when the juice has been found to be contaminated with toxic PFAS at levels “hundreds of times” above federal advisory limits for drinking water.

PFAS are a class of about 12,000 chemicals typically used to make thousands of consumer products resist water, stains and heat.

They are called “forever chemicals” because they do not naturally break down, and they are linked to cancer, fetal complications, liver disease, kidney disease, autoimmune disorders and other serious health issues.

More about PFAS:

https://web.archive.org/web/20210301090021/https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/pfas-contamination-safe-drinking-water-study

3 Likes

Most of our food is pure poison

20 Likes

Could always grow your own

3 Likes

Depends on the climate you live in. Every PFAS tree i planted died within a few weeks.

14 Likes

Laughes in carnivore

7 Likes

Explains why their pineapple oj has been non-existent lately.

2 Likes

Darn it! I love simply oj. Guess it’s back to the cheap brand for me!

1 Like

That sucks

1 Like

I guess its back to Sunny D

3 Likes

How the fuck you grow juice?

10 Likes

Orange “drink” imo.

2 Likes

To be frank, juice is a shit drink, health wise.
Beverages aren’t meant to by yummy. We’d have way less fatties if that stuff was banned. It’s just one more sugar blast variety.

Health wise, stick mostly to water. Then coffee, tea, maybe milk if you wanna gain weight and can digest it properly.

6 Likes

Tropicana tastes way better than Simply Orange

1 Like

I don’t see beer on your list. Just shoot me then

1 Like

Sorry, you might have a point, unironically.

One beer might per day could qualify as healthy for an adult male, maybe two for enormous lads. The liver will neutralize the alcohol in one swoop. Just don’t consume sugar with it - which disqualifies most light beers, of course.

There’s a good deal of nutrients in beer.

1 Like

We will be hearing a lot about PFAS and similar chemicals in 2023.

Chances are the PFAS in Simply Orange come from their packaging which means that other drinks have the same issues.

In my opinion one of the few things that CA got right is Prop 65. Here is a list of 900 substances (carcinogens or reproductive toxins) and if your product has one of these substances over a safe limit then it has to be labelled with a Prop 65 warning. If not, you get sued.

6 Likes

Well, fuck. I added OJ back recently to get some easy calories in, to make pea protein easier to get down, and was buying Simply, only for ENT office to tell me to 100% ditch it because OJ is a no go with LPR. Looks like they did me a double solid.

1 Like

You only drink bull juice?

2 Likes

Buy the juice that’s in OP and then buy some expensive fresh squeezed stuff. Now don’t put either in the fridge. The real fresh squeezed should go bad in 3-5 days. The juice in the OP can go weeks. Of course there’s some shitty chemicals in there.

5 Likes

consuming alcohol with carbohydrates actually reduces the amount of liver/neurological damage from alcohol

as the body breaks down alcohol it phases through a few forms. one is straight poison to the human body but if it has carbohydrate strands to bond with we process it differently

1 Like