Simpsons sells for close to $1B

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/blog.html?b=arts.nationalpost.com/2013/11/15/the-simpsons-is-moving-to-cable-in-historic-tv-deal-that-could-be-worth-up-to-1-billion

Simpsons will continue to make new episodes starting in 2015 on premium cable channel fxx.
The deal will work out to almost 1 billion dollars when complete. Phone Post 3.0

Isn't fx owned by fox? Phone Post 3.0

Do people still watch The Simpsons?

Mihow - That's absurd on all counts

How does fx have money for this? Phone Post 3.0
Charlie Sheen is making them bank. Phone Post 3.0

hasn't the simpsons been shit for the past 8 or so years?

Aye carumba! Phone Post 3.0

Cue Dr. Evil meme Phone Post

I don't understand, so is Fox paying Fox? Phone Post 3.0

I haven't watched it in about 10 years I feel like Phone Post

If this gets FXX onto regular satellite packages, I'm all for it. Phone Post 3.0

IT stopped being funny yars ago

cleophus - Do people still watch The Simpsons?
. Phone Post 3.0

A bag of ricin - Wasn't The Simpsons on Fox anyway? Who are they paying? Phone Post

Matt Groening.

Been woeful since about season 10 onwards Phone Post 3.0

Doh! Phone Post 3.0

I think there are still good moments in The Simpsons and I still watch.

I'm 26 so I don't really know life without the Simpsons so I kinda want it to keep going. They could use some new writing staff though. Maybe some of the Archer staff could help, they know their shit. They could be more racy on FXX too.

I just wish FOX would put the old seasons up on Netflix. Phone Post 3.0

Seasons 3-5 are still my favorite episodes of any television series ever, so I'll always be grateful to them for that at least, even if the series is pretty much crap now.

ThePeoplesYhundi - Been woeful since about season 10 onwards Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0

awilson82 - I think there are still good moments in The Simpsons and I still watch.

I'm 26 so I don't really know life without the Simpsons so I kinda want it to keep going. They could use some new writing staff though. Maybe some of the Archer staff could help, they know their shit. They could be more racy on FXX too.

I just wish FOX would put the old seasons up on Netflix. Phone Post 3.0
The show started when I was like 9, so not like I know life without it either. I was obsessed but stopped watching altogether maybe season 12?

It needs to die already.

And you will never have life without it anyway as it will be on in syndication from now until the end of time. Phone Post 3.0