Simpsons sells for close to $1B

Do the Bartman! Phone Post 3.0

Steven McTowelie -
awilson82 - I think there are still good moments in The Simpsons and I still watch.

I'm 26 so I don't really know life without the Simpsons so I kinda want it to keep going. They could use some new writing staff though. Maybe some of the Archer staff could help, they know their shit. They could be more racy on FXX too.

I just wish FOX would put the old seasons up on Netflix. Phone Post 3.0
The show started when I was like 9, so not like I know life without it either. I was obsessed but stopped watching altogether maybe season 12?

It needs to die already.

And you will never have life without it anyway as it will be on in syndication from now until the end of time. Phone Post 3.0
Syndication does fuckall for me (no cable, Hulu/Prime/Nflix FTW)

There are still good episodes and bits. I'd say there is at least 2-3 decent episodes per season now. Not all time good but still decent and worth watching. Id say the last couple seasons were a step up from the few before that. I still find them enjoyable.

This is what drives me nuts. Why does everyone just jump to "cancel it" when it comes to shows. How about shit canning the writers and fixing it before writing it off? Same shit with Dexter. The writers fucked it, ditch them rather than the show.

If you don't watch y do you care if it keeps going? Phone Post 3.0

i still lol, just not as much

I honestly don't think the simpsons has changed much. That's the problem. They need to mix it up some.

Johnny Ringo - I don't understand, so is Fox paying Fox? Phone Post 3.0
Exactly. It's all an accounting magic trick to hype the new network. Pretty cool actually. Phone Post 3.0

It was bad for a while, but the last few seasons were much better. Phone Post 3.0

The Simpsons haven't been the same since Dana Gould took over as head writer in 1999. They rebound here and there for a few episodes, but they've been hit or miss for 14 years. Phone Post 3.0

awilson82 -
Steven McTowelie -
awilson82 - I think there are still good moments in The Simpsons and I still watch.

I'm 26 so I don't really know life without the Simpsons so I kinda want it to keep going. They could use some new writing staff though. Maybe some of the Archer staff could help, they know their shit. They could be more racy on FXX too.

I just wish FOX would put the old seasons up on Netflix. Phone Post 3.0
The show started when I was like 9, so not like I know life without it either. I was obsessed but stopped watching altogether maybe season 12?

It needs to die already.

And you will never have life without it anyway as it will be on in syndication from now until the end of time. Phone Post 3.0
Syndication does fuckall for me (no cable, Hulu/Prime/Nflix FTW)

There are still good episodes and bits. I'd say there is at least 2-3 decent episodes per season now. Not all time good but still decent and worth watching. Id say the last couple seasons were a step up from the few before that. I still find them enjoyable.

This is what drives me nuts. Why does everyone just jump to "cancel it" when it comes to shows. How about shit canning the writers and fixing it before writing it off? Same shit with Dexter. The writers fucked it, ditch them rather than the show.

If you don't watch y do you care if it keeps going? Phone Post 3.0
I haven't had cable for over a decade.

Can still get it if I want though with antenna.

Suppose I don't care really. It was a lame duck tarnishing it's own legacy but we are well beyond that point now.

Still, I suppose it is akin to not wanting to see one of your favourite athletes continue to play as a shell of themselves year after year. Phone Post 3.0

And it's not just about writers at this point. It has been on for so long, the show became a parody of itself many years ago.
Good writers or not, there is never any going back to what it was, it can never again be what it was.

Innocence is lost, nothing lasts forever, all good things must come to an end, etc., etc. Phone Post 3.0

ThePeoplesYhundi - Been woeful since about season 10 onwards Phone Post 3.0
This...its not good at all now exceot maybe two or three episodes. Phone Post 3.0

1992-1997 was the highpoint for me. Have only watched one episode after that era and only b/c it was on after the Superbowl.

I don't understand why they moved ask the hit shows on fx (the league, louie, the dog one etc) to fxx more homes get fx than fxx...

And the jump from fox to fxx is an even bigger loss of eyeballs.

I hadnt watched Simpsons in a long while toll i happiness to see a commercial that said the tree house Halloween special was coming on that night, but its gonna be strange knowing the Simpsons isnt on fox on a Sunday. Phone Post

Lisa needs braces Phone Post 3.0

TheBearStare - Lisa needs braces Phone Post 3.0
Dental Plan! Phone Post 3.0

No beer and no tv make homer go something something Phone Post 3.0

Bring back Futurama!!! Phone Post 3.0

shootfighterbull - Bring back Futurama!!! Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0

Steven McTowelie -
ThePeoplesYhundi - Been woeful since about season 10 onwards Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0

I still think the Simpsons is a great show. If people stopped watching then how do you know it's crap? If it's crap then why are you still watching every week? Phone Post

It's still better than most shows, it's just that everyone now has rose colored glasses about how much greater it was 15 years ago. Everything seems better when it's new and different.