Sinking feeling about Silva vs Cote

I don't know why, but I have a bad feeling about this fight. It's the same feeling I had before Tyson vs Douglas.

Maybe something you ate?

^lol.

Well...if Anderson is actually unhappy...maybe he "throws" the fight to get out of his contract.

Basically, loses the title to Cote. Wins his remaining fights convincingly but doesn't fight for the title again. Leaves the UFC and boxes against Roy Jones?

Bad feeling as in...UFC's first death in the octagon?

why would roy jones want to box a nobody though? without the title there's no reason for anyone to buy that fight

There's really no reason Silva shouldn't run right through him. This is his easiest fight since Irvin. Cote is the same guy who lost his first four fights in the Octagon. He lost in seconds to Lutter. He tried to mean mug Scott Smith into falling down when he had him hurt in their fight. I really do like Cote, but outside of landing a big power punch, he's got nothing for Silva.

"This is his easiest fight since Irvin"

Eh? Wasn't that his last fight?

canuck34 - Well...if Anderson is actually unhappy...maybe he "throws" the fight to get out of his contract.

Basically, loses the title to Cote. Wins his remaining fights convincingly but doesn't fight for the title again. Leaves the UFC and boxes against Roy Jones?

No offense, but that would be the most delusional plan he could ever have.

Strandman - "This is his easiest fight since Irvin"

So then he's right. It could also be considered his most important fight since Irvin... or his toughest... Cote is his most dangerous opponent since Irvin. I also heard Silva has not trained harder for a fight between the Irvin fight and now.

clattymine - 
Strandman - "This is his easiest fight since Irvin"

So then he's right. It could also be considered his most important fight since Irvin... or his toughest... Cote is his most dangerous opponent since Irvin. I also heard Silva has not trained harder for a fight between the Irvin fight and now.

All good points.

"No offense, but that would be the most delusional plan he could ever have."

None taken. I was just thinking out loud. Seriously though, how would a champ get out of their UFC contract? It is impossible as champ.

"why would roy jones want to box a nobody though? without the title there's no reason for anyone to buy that fight"

I agree. I'm just thinking that it would be the only way for him to be able to do it. Plus, Roy already said he'd be happy to fight Silva.

I feel you. But yeah, aside from the fact that I have no reason to believe anything along the lines of Silva trying to get out of his contract is going on, I really don't think Jones would go from Trinidad to Calzaghe to a non champion from another sport with no pro boxing fights (unless I'm mistaken).

I don't know how a champ would get out though

Cote has a way better shot than most give him. The guy has a hell of a chin and has some very strong punches. It is somewhat of a longshot, but it certainly could happen.

Cote havy chance.

Silva is built a little different. He will take this out on Cote, fight out his contract and probably retire from the UFC. Remember, he's not as stupid as Couture. He will fulfil the contract, THEN leave!

Silva will probably come back for the right money or go to another organization. He's as smart a business man as he is a fighter.

Plus, he FIGHTS!!! Not talks a good game and looks terrible in the fight. He goes for it and wins it!