Sinus Infection - Nostrils Smell

I'm just getting over a sinus infection and the inside of my nostril really smell. From what I could find on the internet it could be from bacteria that's in my nktstrils/nasil cavity. 

Anyone know what I can do to kill this bacteria up there? 

Light a lighter under your nose and inhale deeply

PatK -

Light a lighter under your nose and inhale deeply

Make sure you blast a line of gasoline first 

1 Like

Give Neil-Med nasal rinse a try. I use it most everyday and it seems to help.

for a staph infection a doctor prescribed this cream and told me to put it in my nostrils

BACTROBAN

I literally just returned from the doctor for a sinus infection. My wife made me go because I was keeping her up all night with my constant moving around. She said to use a Sinus Rinse (exactly what the guy above this post mentions) at night, Flonase 2X/day, Sudafed and Augmentin.

I had this for quite a while. Mine was a profound smoky smell. I did two courses of antibiotics. But to alleviate the smell, I found a product called Nose Better. It's a gel and perfectly safe to rub both inside and outside your nasal passages. If you use a netti pot, try a product called Alkalol Sinus Wash - it works wonders. Just start out with a small amount added to your regular saline solution in the pot and gradually increase the strength. They have been making it since 1896 and it does work. Both are available at pharmacies or on Amazon. Good luck, mine was stubborn and it took several weeks to finally subside. 

1 Like
thebulldog25 - Give Neil-Med nasal rinse a try. I use it most everyday and it seems to help.

This

Use distilled water

You sure it's not your breath?

1 Like

neti pot, hydrogen peroxide, iodine nostril rinse cocktail.

Active nasal irrigation. Feels like your brain is being sucked out. Pretty cool. 

Rakoshi -

I had this for quite a while. Mine was a profound smoky smell. I did two courses of antibiotics. But to alleviate the smell, I found a product called Nose Better. It's a gel and perfectly safe to rub both inside and outside your nasal passages. If you use a netti pot, try a product called Alkalol Sinus Wash - it works wonders. Just start out with a small amount added to your regular saline solution in the pot and gradually increase the strength. They have been making it since 1896 and it does work. Both are available at pharmacies or on Amazon. Good luck, mine was stubborn and it took several weeks to finally subside. 

Man i don't even have nose problems but vu for the detailed response.

my ent had me snort a tablespoon of alcalol, NOT alcohol

i wish she told me that before i hoovered a fifth of beam :frowning: