Sister in Law Tricked Me... Wtf

My sister in law invited my wife and I to a comedy show and dinner. Tonight.

We were like ok cool sounds like fun

She was very very limited with the details. But she told us to come dressed to impress. She didn't give us the name of the comedian. And the location was Sketchy because there's no comedy club in that city.

Still we agreed.

Today she drops the name of the comedian on us. I look the guy up and he's doing comedy at a church. A very famous church locally.

And he does

Christian comedy.

What in the fuck?

She totally tricked us Phone Post 3.0

So it isn't Jim Jefferies?

MentalRage - So it isn't Jim Jefferies?
Dude I am mentally raging Phone Post 3.0

That's fucked up! Sounds like something my girlfriend's family would trick me into going to.

should have told her to read from the Old Testament. Thats where the true comedy is.

You're goin to see Bryan Callen? nice.

GCatMMA - That's fucked up! Sounds like something my girlfriend's family would trick me into going to.
Dude I am seething right now.

Wife told me don't be a negative nelly and said we will laugh anyway.

She then asked me if I wanted to share a drink with her.

I said "you sure that's ok since its a Christian show"

She said "we're adults come on"

So needless to say I'm getting my drink on now. It's on. Phone Post 3.0

Maybe you'll have a few laughs AND find salvation?

he could be the next Jeff foxworthy

Canooke - Maybe you'll have a few laughs AND find salvation?
Lol hush your yappy dude Phone Post 3.0

you said it sounded sketchy so I figured it was sketch comedy

A drunk staggers through the countryside and stumbles on a Christian congregation carrying out a baptism service in the local river. The priest, on seeing the drunk, asks, "Have you come to find Jesus, brother?"

"Shurrrrre havvve," says the drunk.

So the priest grabs the drunk and ducks him under the water, after a few seconds he pulls him up and says, "Have you found Jesus?"

"Huuuurrm NO!" replied the drunk.

So the priest ducked him again.

"Have you found Jesus"?

"Huuuurrm NO!" replied the drunk.

So the priest ducked him again, this time until the drunk was blue in the face.

"For God's sake, have you found Jesus, brother?"

"Huuuurrm NO!" replied the drunk. "Are you sure this is where he fell in?"

"Jesus won't you come my waaayyyy? Got something I want to saaaaaayy" Phone Post 3.0

post the name of the christian comedian. there aren't that many.

Holy shit! I can't believe Jinx's sister-in-law is doing this!!!

Man I would be pissed too. And I wouldn't go. Phone Post 3.0

I saw the power team twice as a kid. I don't remember the church stuff but the strongman stuff was epic to a 9 year old! It made me want to get into lifting. Phone Post 3.0

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/vyol1f/stand-up-rory-scovel--get-back-into-the-bible Phone Post 3.0

I got tricked by an ex girlfriend like that one time. She wanted to go see a play, so I thought ok cool, I'm down with that. She said it was a play by someone named Cole Porter - whatever, never heard of the guy but I didn't care.

Well, it wasn't a play at all. It turns out this Cole Porter is a guy who's written a lot of songs for plays, and what we were seeing was actually a collection of his songs from different plays. So it was two hours of random people singing songs I'd never heard of on stage.

Boring. As. Fuck.