Six Faygo-inspired ice creams are coming

Six Faygo-inspired ice creams are coming to Michigan

Flavors launch Friday, June 17

Fans of Faygo rejoice: Starting on Friday, June 17, Michiganders will be able to enjoy Faygo-inspired ice cream.

Residents can thank Browndog Barlor and Restaurant, a creamery specializing in small-batch artisan ice cream, for bringing the Faygo ice cream concept to life. And exclusively to Michigan.

Browndog has two locations. One in Farmington and another in Northville. The idea to partner with Faygo came from Browndog’s Chief Sales and Marketing Officer Greg Richards.

6 months for 99¢: Our best deal on your trusted source for local news.

[ACT NOW](Midland Daily News

Six Faygo-inspired ice creams are coming to Michigan

Flavors launch Friday, June 17

Photo provided/Greg Richards for Browndog

Angela Mulka, Staff writer

June 14, 2022Updated: June 14, 2022 3:41 p.m.

Comments

Fans of Faygo rejoice: Starting on Friday, June 17, Michiganders will be able to enjoy Faygo-inspired ice cream.

Residents can thank Browndog Barlor and Restaurant, a creamery specializing in small-batch artisan ice cream, for bringing the Faygo ice cream concept to life. And exclusively to Michigan.

Browndog has two locations. One in Farmington and another in Northville. The idea to partner with Faygo came from Browndog’s Chief Sales and Marketing Officer Greg Richards.

6 months for 99¢: Our best deal on your trusted source for local news.

ACT NOW

“At our Barlors (bar + ice cream parlor) we are hyper-focused on quality and local, so we’ve always had Faygo in the restaurants,” Richards said. “The Faygo floats with our craft ice creams were always a hit, so I got the crazy idea to reach out to this iconic Detroit company to see about collaborating to make an actual ice cream.”

Ten cents from every pint sold will go toward the company’s current animal rescue from its Pints For Progress initiative.

“You can imagine how thrilled we were that Faygo not only welcomed the idea to create an ice cream but when we pitched the grand vision of creating a ‘six-pack’ of ice cream, they literally and figuratively ate up the idea.” Richards continued. “What I’m so excited about is that these are not just us trying to recreate the flavor of Faygo, we had their flavorologist at our production facility helping us dial in the Faygo flavors using their actual flavorings.”

exp-player-logo

Read More

Browndog is using eight of the 26 different Faygo flavors to make its six flavor combinations which are:

• “Choc & Rye” - Faygo Rock & Rye with ribbons of chocolate fudge and chunks of brownies.
  • “Motown Jam” - Faygo Redpop swirled with ribbons of chunky peanut butter.
  • “Citrus Mist” - Faygo Moon Mist and Faygo Orange with bits of Maraschino cherries.
  • “Peaches & Creme” - Faygo Peach and Faygo Creme soda with shortbread cookies. This one is Richards’ favorite.
  • “Groovy Grape” - Faygo Grape mixed with vanilla sandwich cookies.
  • “Unicorn Swirl” - Faygo Cotton Candy pop with pink marshmallows.

Browndog plans to sell three of the flavors by the scoop at its two shops, “Choc & Rye,” “Unicorn Swirl” and “Groovy Grape.” All six are set to be available for purchase in pints for $8.50 each. Buy four, get one free. They also plan to sell a boozy “Unicorn Swirl” shake.

Browndog’s ice cream is in retail locations statewide, like LaLondes, but Richards said he cannot confirm specifically which locations will be carrying the Faygo ice cream.

“If your nearest grocery store doesn’t have them available, make sure to ask them to bring the flavors in,” Richards said.

Looks more like Faggo

1 Like

As a Detroit’er who only buys Faygo pop, I will not be participating in this

Yeah Faygo has its place. It’s not in ice cream flavoring.

Saw this a few years ago in a store

1 Like

I had no clue what Faygo was. I honestly thought the thread was gonna be about some homosexual, gay pride ice cream brand partnership given all the gay pride month news I’ve seen on the OG.

1 Like

Lmfao. Nope. Just Detroit made pop. Comes in 24oz instead of that tiny little 20oz crap. Also it has somehow evaded inflation still. At least in my area. I’ve never paid more than $1.29 for a 24oz but sometimes it’s even 0.99cents at some places

. . . I mean . . . how do you not make Redpop ice cream if you’re going to make Faygo inspired ice cream?

Computer What GIF

comedy central GIF by Workaholics

1 Like

fucking magnets GIF by hero0fwar