Skin infection prevention, check out my site

Hello UG, Kirik the Great has gotten my business membership up and running, so this is the inaugural post for my new company Grapple Armor.  I've developed a natural daily supplement that is designed to boost your immune system and help fight off bacterial, fungal, and viral infections that plague so many in our sport.  Just today it was announced that Pavlik v. Williams has been cancelled due to Pavlik's 6-month battle with staph.

Please check out the site and feel free to ask me anything in this thread.  We aren't claiming to have a magic pill nor are we trying to take business from companies that make hygiene products.  We are just a piece of the puzzle to healthy training!  We are currently waiting for a shipment and should have product in the next 2 weeks.  Thanks!

How is this different from any other immunity booster - i.e. Vitamin C, echinacea, etc.? Is there something actually special about it or is it just an 'immunity supplement' marketed towards fighters? Also, what's your background? Only ask as you say you developed the supp.

those are good questions.

Interesting product. I'm curious, how does/would your product prevent against an infection? I'm not an expert by any means, but infections usually are the result of actual organisms, or pathogens, that invade and attack your body. From my limited understanding, the only way to deal with infections is to either :

1. Get a vaccination from a doctor

2. Keep the epidermis clean and pathogen free

3. Treat existing ones with antiobiotics

What makes this different from a traditional multi-vitamin, or even something like Zicam tabletsonly boost immunity to fight off common cold or flu bacteria and virus? Also, are there any ingredients in it that may be controversial or that might cause someone to fail a drug test, either performance-enhancing or narcotic?

Looks like the website is saying its out of stock already. Seems like business is going well for you, congratulations!

Good questions. Leghound, our product is an immunity boost supplement that uses ingredients researched to have the highest effectiveness against those infections most common to grapplers and fighters, i.e. - MRSA, staph, ringworm, herpes gladiatorum. Many existing products are tailored to the elderly or general public and have a much broader spectrum of infections to address. Our product was developed in cooperation with a lab that makes other immunity boost-type products. In addition, we plan on supporting the sports that support us. We hope to give back through giveaways and sponserships.

TheBear, your body fights off infections every day. Over 30% of Americans are asymptomatic carriers of Staphylococcus aureus. A weak immune system can lead to these infections taking hold and require the reactive measures you mentioned. Antibiotics bring all sorts of secondary health issues with them and should only be used when necessary. We are providing a proactive measure to fight off infection before it has the chance to adversely affect your health.

Grapple Armor was developed with professional athletes in mind; it will not affect a drug test. The only ingredients that are not natural food extracts are the gelatin for the capsules and L-Glutamine.

We are out of stock, but we expect a shipment in the next two weeks.

Thank you guys!

interesting

ttt for the day shift.

I had a look at your website and the papers you cited under research. All the paper, other than the garlic one, were NOT done on humans. These studies showed that the compounds inhibited growth of bacteria/fungus/etc. on a plate.

This is no way proves that ingesting the compounds will prevent growth in/on your body. I suspect that many of the compounds will be degraded in the stomach, not absorbed, or even if they are absorbed will be at such a low concentration that they will be ineffective. Your pill will probably be more effective if you open it a rub it on your staph infection.

And saying something stupid like this: "Unlike traditional prescription antibiotics, olive leaf extract does not attack the beneficial bacteria in the body." when the research you cited ISN'T EVEN DONE in humans is almost criminal.

Edit: Antibiotics save people's lives, while your product, most likely, just takes their money. So don't bash the hard work of thousands of scientists that are bettering humanity.

woah.........

you need to post exactly what ingredients and the dosages are in these "supplements" on your site. 

btw guys...if any of you ever get a serious MRSA infection and antibiotics don't work then you know what it's time for?  MAGGGGGOTS!!

nothin like some good ole hibiclens to keep yourself clean

Defense Soap > Grapple Armor

defensesoap.com

WOW WTF was that in the video!!

pats0, I've presented the research that is available. I don't own a research university, so I can only present what is available. You can suppose anything you like, but it is just your opinion. I'm not bashing anyone's work and I'm not presenting this product as an alternative to antibiotics. Antibiotics have done amazing things, but to deny there are risks involved is silly. The CDC agrees. So you calling our product criminal is...well, confusing.

robbie, I am happy to discuss our formula with anyone via PM or email but I cannot post our exact formula on a public forum. Each bottle has the complete list of ingredients on it (no "proprietary blend" like other supplement products).

B1akefField, Defense Soap is a great product! Hygiene and immunity health are both important and we recommend proactive approaches towards both. It's an apples-to-oranges comparison.

Thanks guys.

B1akeField - Defense Soap + Grapple Armor = Invincibility

defensesoap.com

fixed

Stupidnewbie - pats0, I've presented the research that is available. I don't own a research university, so I can only present what is available. You can suppose anything you like, but it is just your opinion. I'm not bashing anyone's work and I'm not presenting this product as an alternative to antibiotics. Antibiotics have done amazing things, but to deny there are risks involved is silly. The CDC agrees. So you calling our product criminal is...well, confusing.

I am the one who actually read the abstract of the studies you linked. You are the one supposing that these studies prove that your ingredients will work in human (which is no mentioned in the studies). The research you posted does not support this.

Please show me where the CDC supports Olive Leaf extract, Curcumin, or Basil Leaf extract. Guess what it doesn't. You know why? Because there aren't any studies that show they do anything when ingested by humans.

My reference to the CDC was concerning antibiotics. They have stated that antibiotic resistance is "one of the world's most pressing public health problems." I understand that you have no interest in my product and you have the choice not to buy it. Thanks!

pats0 - 
Stupidnewbie - pats0, I've presented the research that is available. I don't own a research university, so I can only present what is available. You can suppose anything you like, but it is just your opinion. I'm not bashing anyone's work and I'm not presenting this product as an alternative to antibiotics. Antibiotics have done amazing things, but to deny there are risks involved is silly. The CDC agrees. So you calling our product criminal is...well, confusing.

I am the one who actually read the abstract of the studies you linked. You are the one supposing that these studies prove that your ingredients will work in human (which is no mentioned in the studies). The research you posted does not support this.

Please show me where the CDC supports Olive Leaf extract, Curcumin, or Basil Leaf extract. Guess what it doesn't. You know why? Because there aren't any studies that show they do anything when ingested by humans.
Is there a particular reason you're acting like a riled-up douchebag about this? While I cna understand, appreciate, and possibly even agree with you (that is irrelevant), the manner of which you're presenting your argument is completely unnecessary and innapropriate.

The guy came on here and acted like a gentleman. His job is to promote the product. If you disagree with him or the product, you're welcome to do so and explain why. But the hostility and faggotry just make this board and everyone else in it look bad. 

Doing all of the research you seemed deserves a pat on the back, but now you've completely offset it by coming across like an uber-douche.

pats0 - 

Is there a particular reason you're acting like a riled-up douchebag about this? While I cna understand, appreciate, and possibly even agree with you (that is irrelevant), the manner of which you're presenting your argument is completely unnecessary and innapropriate.

The guy came on here and acted like a gentleman. His job is to promote the product. If you disagree with him or the product, you're welcome to do so and explain why. But the hostility and faggotry just make this board and everyone else in it look bad. 

Doing all of the research you seemed deserves a pat on the back, but now you've completely offset it by coming across like an uber-douche. By the way, it's not really a good idea to go around calling people and their company's actions "criminal", unless you have proof. Unless you can support that, if your inflammatory comments prevent people from purchasing their product, you can easily be on the cusp of a lawsuit. Believe me, the internet isn't the wild west that it used to be. You can and will be held accountable for your words in this present day.