Skyrim is brilliant

anyone else amazed by this game? It's so much better than Oblivion it's crazy.

Love the game, but the bugs are annoying as hell.

I was vastly disappointed by Skyrim.
Shit graphics.
Shit combat.
Shit frame rate. Phone Post

Curious for the people that think Skyrim looks like shit, are you playing on console? I just got it yesterday and only played for 30 mins on my PC. 1080P anti aliasing x2 High setting on all other graphics and the game looks incredible!

odennis - Curious for the people that think Skyrim looks like shit, are you playing on console? I just got it yesterday and only played for 30 mins on my PC. 1080P anti aliasing x2 High setting on all other graphics and the game looks incredible!

This!

The exterior open world shots are breath taking. Some of the interior dungeons and caves are a little unpolished though.

Jons Forsberg - 
odennis - Curious for the people that think Skyrim looks like shit, are you playing on console? I just got it yesterday and only played for 30 mins on my PC. 1080P anti aliasing x2 High setting on all other graphics and the game looks incredible!

playing on PC, 1600x900 all settings at the highest except for some drawing distances that are medium. Graphics don't look any better than Oblivion, imo.

You have to be trolling. The graphics look significantly better than Oblivion even on 360 for both games.

panic686 - 
Jons Forsberg - 

playing on PC, 1600x900 all settings at the highest except for some drawing distances that are medium. Graphics don't look any better than Oblivion, imo.

You have to be trolling. The graphics look significantly better than Oblivion even on 360 for both games.

Trolling or needs to get to an optometrist immediately.   The shadows and water alone kick Oblivions ass.

Waylay -
panic686 - 
Jons Forsberg - 

Trolling or needs to get to an optometrist immediately.   The shadows and water alone kick Oblivions ass.

Not to mention the characters look less cartoonie Phone Post

There's so much more detail to the game world compared to Oblivion and even New Vegas. That's very noticeable. The levelling system seems much improved, you can probably fuck it by smithing 150 steel daggers for hours on end but if you wanted to exploit the game that much you'd just use the console.

I think the exterior world is absolutely incredible. The choice of going the whole hog on a Scandinavian setting has really paid off. Magic, levelling, skills, all the game systems are great. I find the dungeons a little disappointing and repetitive though, I appreciate that linear design makes play go faster, but after a while they really seem like a weak point.