Slaves

Hebrews born to serve to the Pharaoh Phone Post 3.0

Easy now... Phone Post 3.0

Give us us free. Phone Post 3.0

The Fella -
MMAhaiku - Hebrews born to serve to the Pharaoh Phone Post 3.0

the past is no different then the present - as the present was written in the past - what is new today was seen 1,000 years ago yesterday - the world we live in is an illusion.

I concur Phone Post 3.0

I need to get the remastered version of that album. I still own the original on cd and ripped it at 128 years ago. Sounds to tinny to listen to. Phone Post 3.0

PoiuPoiu -

So let it be written
So let it be done Phone Post 3.0

BackOffWarchild -

I don't recall seeing this lego set on the shelves at toy stores when I was a kid Phone Post 3.0

DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! Motherfucker DIE! Phone Post 3.0

I clicked on this thread because of a conversation I had over the past holiday with my girlfriend. Her family had relatives that were slaves and she is always looking into the history. She loves the hymn "Amazing Grace" too. I asked if she knew the history of the song and it's author. She believed it was a "slave song". I explained that it was but it was penned by a slaver while he had an unknown amount of slaves chained beneath the deck lying in filth and possibly dead bodies.
The author prayed for God to show mercy as he was about to lose his slaver ship during a storm. I don't understand how anyone could receive any comfort from this song.

BackOffWarchild -

Lmao @ all of these Phone Post 3.0

Holy shit, in Phone Post 3.0

Lol @ the racist lego's. Fucking win Phone Post 3.0

mongrel 911 - I clicked on this thread because of a conversation I had over the past holiday with my girlfriend. Her family had relatives that were slaves and she is always looking into the history. She loves the hymn "Amazing Grace" too. I asked if she knew the history of the song and it's author. She believed it was a "slave song". I explained that it was but it was penned by a slaver while he had an unknown amount of slaves chained beneath the deck lying in filth and possibly dead bodies.
The author prayed for God to show mercy as he was about to lose his slaver ship during a storm. I don't understand how anyone could receive any comfort from this song.

According to Wikipedia, you are mixing facts a bit. He was involved in the slave trade, and there is a story of his religious conversion coming during a storm while on the slave ship, but he wrote Amazing Grace 20 years later.

Besides, by that logic, the fact that descendants of slaves have adopted any part of American culture, religion, etc., is all equally difficult to understand.

I think they call it "taking it back".

True but the inspiration was most likely during the storm. In fact after he converted he still continued on as a slaver for many years.

Hasn't every culture at one time or another had slaves? Phone Post 3.0

Lego django the game coming to ps4 xbox1 and Wii u this Christmas Phone Post 3.0

PoiuPoiu -

Shutupandtakemymoney.jpg Phone Post 3.0