Slavoj Zizek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dNbWGaaxWM?feature=oembed
i've loved this mush-mouthed weirdo for decades i want to see him on rogan. legitimate big time contemporary figure in philosophy, but he's by far at his best when he's just going off on some topic. his review of the "sound of music" is classic. he had some funny shit to say about the finale of "game of thrones", too.

og code behavior is also something i'd like zizek to comment on

I always like to point out that it was a communist who wrote tomes about political correctness as State-violence three decades before every other hooplehead on 4chan started to care.

First as Tragedy... & Violence are fantastic quick reads if you like him steamrolling American culture and the like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dNbWGaaxWM

Then get Hans-Herman Hoppe 

1 Like
Positive Energy - 

is that the anarcho-libertarian guy?

all i remember about him was people getting pissed because he pretty much publically called keynes a histrionic fag. lol.

i'll look into it.

How do you take your coffee, op?

Stache - How do you take your coffee, op?

“A man comes into a restaurant. He sits down at the table and he says, ‘Waiter, bring me a cup of coffee without cream.’ Five minutes later, the waiter comes back and says, ‘I’m sorry, sir, we have no cream. Can it be without milk?’”

—Slavoj Zizek

Peixes - 
Stache - How do you take your coffee, op?

“A man comes into a restaurant. He sits down at the table and he says, ‘Waiter, bring me a cup of coffee without cream.’ Five minutes later, the waiter comes back and says, ‘I’m sorry, sir, we have no cream. Can it be without milk?’”

—Slavoj Zizek

He reuses that one a bit too often. I like when he mixes it up with the joke about toilet paper shortages at corner stores in communist countries.

i saw zizek do a panel at indiana university a few years ago and he told a joke about some foreign marxist intellectual coming to moscow during the purges. his official handlers see his horror at all the death and upheaval, so one tells him "Comrade, we must break some eggs to make an omelette"

he responds "I see the eggs, now where's this omelette!?"

by "a few" years ago, i mean like 20. because i'm old as fuck!

Peixes - 

i saw zizek do a panel at indiana university a few years ago and he told a joke about some foreign marxist intellectual coming to moscow during the purges. his official handlers see his horror at all the death and upheaval, so one tells him "Comrade, we must break some eggs to make an omelette"

he responds "I see the eggs, now where's this omelette!?"

Lol I could picture him saying that.

Peixes -
Positive Energy - 

is that the anarcho-libertarian guy?

all i remember about him was people getting pissed because he pretty much publically called keynes a histrionic fag. lol.

i'll look into it.

Lol ya that was him.