Sleep walking children?

So my 6 year old is a sleep walker. Last week during vacation, I heard a loud bang on the monitor (yea we use a monitor because our house has thick walls) 2 hours after my daughter went to sleep.

I walked in am saw her dolls moved from her bed to the next bed, and the bang was the monitor knocked off when she got up..her eyes were closed and she went back to sleep when I came in (was calm didn't want to startle her)...kinda laughed about it and that's that.

Tonight I'm playing some xbox in my game room and again 2 hours later I hear her door open. I go out and see her standing in the bathroom, eyes closed (fuuuuu it creeper me out ). I asked her "why are you up?" But realized she was out. I guided her to her room and in bed and she fell asleep.

This worries me because we have steep wooden steps and she could get hurt...luckily our doors are old and a bitch for her to open when closed, so we could hear them easily.

I used to sleep walk on occasion and read that it is hereditary, and common from 3 to 7 year olds.

Any serious advice? I'm concerned but don't want to be over dramatic. Phone Post 3.0

Ever seen Step Brothers?
Don't wake her! Phone Post 3.0

Jhay - Ever seen Step Brothers?
Don't wake her! Phone Post 3.0
Hahaha...she is gonna slam me through a wall and go ape shit lol.

I just worry about stairs and he getting hurt. Phone Post 3.0

My kid does this. It usually occurs 60-90 minutes after he goes to bed. I've found myself staying up and using this time to read or watch tv while keeping an ear out for him. I'm a heavy sleeper, so at times I'll sleep next to him to ensure he doesn't get far when he decides to go for a midnight stroll. I don't try to wake him when he does it. I just direct him back to bed and help to situate him there. It's doesn't happen every night and I have been told he will likely outgrow it. I'd recommend putting up a safety gate if you have stairs. Phone Post 3.0

Phone Post 3.0

My son does this.

The other night he went to bed an hour or 2 later i heard him talking and i popped my head in and he is standing in the corner of his room facing the wall talking.

Freaked me the fuck out!

So i waited i min then picked him up and put him back to bed. Phone Post 3.0

RingStinger - My son does this.

The other night he went to bed an hour or 2 later i heard him talking and i popped my head in and he is standing in the corner of his room facing the wall talking.

Freaked me the fuck out!

So i waited i min then picked him up and put him back to bed. Phone Post 3.0
Oh snap your house has the TV people. You're shit out of luck too cause I'm pretty sure that fat dwarf lady that clears houses is dead. Phone Post 3.0

Maybe put a baby gate in front of her door?Then at least she can't get out and possibly fall down the stairs. Phone Post 3.0