slightly bad Steelers news

Going 15-1 comes with some prestige. Only 3 teams have EVER won 15 games in the regular season - The '84 49ers, the '85 Bears & the '98 Vikings.

The '84 49ers & '85 Bears HAVE to be included in any list of the best single season teams ever after rolling through the playoffs and both winning blowouts in the Super Bowl.

The '98 Vikings on the other hand, lost at home to the "Dirty Birds" in OT and go down in history as the biggest choke team ever.

Where will the Steelers fall on this list?

Give Atlanta a LITTLE bit of credit, they were 13-3 that year.

The difference between the '98 Vikings and the other 4 teams you're discussing is that the other three squads have good defenses. The '98 Vikings did not. They were basically last year's Chiefs, and fortunate to get that far w/o running into a team that could move the ball and play a little D.

"Give Atlanta a LITTLE bit of credit, they were 13-3 that year."

Actually the Falcons were 14-2

LOL - Did I strike a nerve? How can I give ATL credit when all Minnesota had to do to win was have their kicker - WHO WAS PERFECT ON THE SEASON & KICKING INDOORS - make a field goal?

We could discuss the differences between those teams all day long - I'm talking about what they have in common. 15 regular season wins.

that 98 lost to Atlanta pissed me off tho...i didnt know WHO those Vikings were that day, i can say that much.

I hate Atlanta

"Actually the Falcons were 14-2"

How is losing to a 14-2 team the biggest choke ever??

I actually didn't see a game that entire season (WestPac), but am told it's just as well due to the crushing disappointment.

It was a '99 loss to Atlanta because that was the year Denver monkey stomped the Dirty Birds in the Super Bowl. That '99 Bronco team has to go down as one of the best teams in history as well.

lol this best teams inhistory broncos players are greek gods jake plummer is the second coming of christ crap has to stop!!!!

i was hoping for thebroncos to win so we could play them next week but not anymore i hope the colts win just to get the broncs out of the playoffs

Gimme a fucking break, 303. They aren't even in the top 10 greatest teams ever. Fuck.

Eric - You were in the Navy? Did I already know that or not?

Yep, 9 years almost. I have no idea what you do/don't/did/didn't know. Enlisted submariner from '95 to early early '04. Pride runs deep :)

"Gimme a fucking break, 303. They aren't even in the top 10 greatest teams ever. Fuck."

I think fanboy's '99 Broncos MIGHT be top 10. They went 14-2 also (I believe), and steamrolled everybody in the playoffs, did they not? For their 2nd straight title. I heard over and over how one-sided that SuperBowl was.......

And when I say "Top 10", I'm thinking like, #9 or 10 :) They're no '85 Bears/'84 49ers/'72 Dolphins.

"Yep, 9 years almost. I have no idea what you do/don't/did/didn't know. Enlisted submariner from '95 to early early '04. Pride runs deep :)"

No kidding? I joined in the winter (Dec. 20) of '94 and got out in 2000. Not a submariner, though. I was an ET on surface ships.

Since my A school was at Great Lakes, and I was there until March of '96, I'd say we were living within 3 or 4 miles from each other for a while. LOL.

I just thought of the irony of you now being a hot air balloon pilot after previously being a submariner.

LMAO!

I get around :)

I was there for February and March of '95. Great weather :)

I just did the balloon thing part-time after I got out (unexpectedly) and was going to school part-time.

What kind of ship were you on?

USS Sides (FFG-14) stationed in San Diego from early '96 until late '00.

"It was a '99 loss to Atlanta because that was the year Denver monkey stomped the Dirty Birds in the Super Bowl. That '99 Bronco team has to go down as one of the best teams in history as well. "

-- I can agree with that :)

Is this true about submarine crews: 50 men go down. 25 couples come up?

Myth, IMO

Baseless rumor started by surface sailors who have nothing better to do with their time than to come up with half-witted jokes :)