slightly good Steelers news

CONTRACT YEAR!!!

• WR Plaxico Burress, who did not play in five of the final six games, finished with 35 receptions for 698 yards, his lowest totals since his rookie season in 2000 that ended prematurely because of a hand injury.

i know every GM in the Game is gonna come after plax but this atleast diminishes his worth in their eyes a bit.

if they don't resign them i'm really tourn on what they need to do. any body know any good late second round wide recievers?

Bradley from Oklahoma's stock certainly dropped last night... You could get him...

He may field a punt inside the three but this would be no worse then getting up and spiking the ball after not being touched down in a game...

I think teams will really go after Plaxico. he is a great WR and I am guessing teams will not be fooled by his numbers this year. He remids me of a taller Rod Smith. Not exceptionally fast, but does the little things right and therefore is a great player.

I think you guys are fine at receiver, Randle El could be a great compliment to Ward, he is the speedster thatn could stretch the field which would open up Ward that much more. I would like to see Pit get a good TE. I think Big Ben would be even more dangerous if he had a good complete TE to throw to.

You also need a corner because the knock on Deshea Townsend is he is to slow. He would be a great safety. I think a good shut down corner would make your defense even better, because as it stands right now it seems like your pass defense is reliant on your front seven getting pressure on the QB. A good shutdown corner would really help you guys out.

I would love to have Plax in Denver. With Rod Smith on the brink of retiring it would be great to have him as the next #80 here in Denver. With him and Lelie here, if any of you aren't watching him the guy is amazing and will be a pro bowler next year, we would have the tallest pair of WR's in the league. Plus Plax can block, that is something most WR's do not do well.

Plaxico would be highly valued in Baltimore. They still need a big reciever.

"i know every GM in the Game is gonna come after plax but this atleast diminishes his worth in their eyes a bit."

I don't know if "every GM" will be coming after him, but you can bet the Bears will take a loooong look.

Remember the Steelers have the right to "Franchise" Plax, thus keeping him in black and gold a little longer. I am hearing that Baltimore or Miami will make big offers for him.

Peter King was on the local radio saying what might affect Plax to Baltimore is if the Vikings look to trade Randy Moss in the offseason. This is a distinct possibility he said. If so, Moss could be reunited with Brian Billick.

All in all, the Steelers need to resign Plax. You cannot take talented players from Roethlisberger. He needs to have a strong supporting cast if he is expected to continue to develop.

my dream...package plax and out 2nd rounder for a top 5 pick

MIKE WILLIAMS!!!!!!

If you franchise him you guarantee he will be one of the top 5 paid WR. Don't know if the Steelers want to do that.

Hawkeye- That is better than losing him. With the extra money the team will generate by being in the playoffs they will/should put it into resigning players. Plus, if another team signs him the Steelers are entitled to 2 first round draft picks as compensation.

yeah i think they will franchise him and move him! i love plax and want him to stay but he is going to get big money somewhere

seriously if you are a passing team there are very few WR's i'd rather have

"seriously if you are a passing team there are very few WR's i'd rather have"

Shit, if you are a running team there are few guys I'd rather have. Those receivers, Ward and Plax, are much like the Smith and McCafferey combo we had here for our Super Bowl years. They play a huge role in the success of Pits running game, just like Smith and Eddie Mac did for us. I would love to see Plax in a Bronco uniform next year.

I will never forget the block Eddie laid on the Green Bay linebacker in our first Super Bowl win and after he lit him up pointed his finger at him on the ground. Receivers that can block are very valuable, to bad Moss and Ownes don't. Then they would be complete receivers.

"I think a good shut down corner would make your defense even better,"

Do shut down corners even exist anymore? Especially with how ridiculous the rules are getting?