Slots Open in a $1000 Black Belt Invite (Ohio)

My name is Dustin Ware, and I own the Ohio Grappling Challenge. I am holding a competition here in Columbus, OH on March 3rd.

I am looking to secure competitors to take part in our 8-man $1000 Black Belt Invatational. The format for the invite division is simple:

* 10 min matches

* standard BJJ rules

* Before you ask...you must hold a Black Belt in BJJ

* Right now I am leaving it open to all weights, but may limit it to under 200lbs.

If you or a team mate would by interested, please send me an email (dustin@ohiograpplingchallenge.com

If you are selected, we will contact you early next week with confirmation of your slot.

We expect this field to be highly competitive and a great 'tune up' for the Pans only a month later!

I hope to hear back from some of you very soon.

Thanks for your time,

- Dustin Ware

PS. This event will be held on the same weekend as the Arnold's Fitness EXPO...BUT our event is a "stand alone" competition...and is in no way associated with the Arnold's. 

I think you mean 'stand alone'

ttt

tjmitch,

Good catch...thanks!

Thanks Kirik for the TTT!

Not sure if i follow...

Bottom line, we are looking to secure top level competitors.  Previous OGC Invatational competitors include:

* Joe Baize (2011 ADCC competitor)

* Vitor Oliveira (BJJ Black Belt  & Multiple medals at IBJJF competitions)

* John Toth (Grapplers Quest NA Champion &  No-Gi Brown Belt World Champion)

* Dustin Hazelett (UFC Vet & multipl UFC "Submission of the Night" award winner)

* Jimmy Harbison (IBJJF Brown Belt World Champion & current BJJ Black Belt)

* Jordan Suillivan (2011 EuroBronze Medalist & 2011 ChicagoOpen Silver Medalist)

* JT Torres (BJJ Black Belt & one of the TOP American BJJ competitors)

* John Salter (No-Gi Purple Belt World Champion, UFC Vet, and NAIA NAtional Wrestling Champion)

* Kroyler Gracie Leao (BJJ Balck Belt)

* Bobby Jones (MMA Fighter, member of the Penn State wrestling team, and former NY Giant)

As you can see, we continualy attract solid competitors from a wide range of grappling background...and our goal is no different for this competition.

- Dustin

Pork Sword - Does "if you are accepted" translate to "if me and my buddies think we can tap you and take your money"?

im not sure there is a buy in, or is there?

Gi or No-gi? Phone Post

EVT - Gi or No-gi? Phone Post

Gotta be a G in a Gi to get invited. Phone Post

TTT for Dustin & a well-ran event.

No "buy in"

Just looking to secure the best guys we can.

This is a Gi division.

Ttt

We are fully aware that there is "another grappling" event going on in Columbus that weekend...and we wanted to make it clear that our event has ZERO association with that event.

Being that this is our 25th event we have hosted, the OGC has a strong track-record of bringing our supporters a well organized, highly competitive, cost friendly, & customer-first competition! Our hope is that all of you will be with us on March 3rd, as we bring you our LARGEST competition ever!

And if that was not enough...here are just a few more reasons why this will be THE grappling competition to attend in Central Ohio on March 3rd.

----------------------------------------------------

* The first 100 registered competitors will receive a One-Day Admission ticket to the Arnold's Sports EXPO!

* 8-man Black Belt Invitational

Confirmed so far:

- Bryan Atterson (Team Jorge Gurgel - West Virginia)

- Robin Gieseler (Relson Gracie - Columbus)

- Bruno Amorim (Gracie Barra - Louisville)

- Nick "Chewy" Albin (Derby City MMA - Louisville)

- Vitor Oliveria (Ronin Training Center - Columbus)

- Tom Feister (Relson Gracie - Upper Arrlington)

* FREE "Give-a-ways" throughout the day from some of the top BJJ & MMA apparel companies!

* $300 Brown/Purple Belt Absolute (minimum of 4 competitors)

* $300 No-Gi Absolute (minimum of 4 competitors)

* All competitors will be entered into a drawing for FOUR (4) FREE tickets to the Strikeforce: Tate vs Rousey being held at Nationwide Arena that night!!!

----------------------------------------------------

TTT

Damn I wish this wasn't the same day as the Chicago Open, that looks like a fun division.

I'd compete in the brown/purple division if I could make it.

You should consider inviting:

Juliano Coutinho-Daniel Gracie Black Belt and 2007 Pan Ams HW champ.

Seth Silva- Daniel Gracie Black belt and New England Pankration champ

Alexandre "Vaca" Moreno- Team Link Black Belt and IBJJ, Pan Ams, Naga champ

Dan Simmler-BJJ BB and TUF veteran

Johnny Clarke- BJJ BB, UGer, TUF veteran, and all- around tough guy