Small MMA promotions are embarrassing

People will complain about anything.

If you don't like the free stream, then don't watch it! It's really that simple. It wasn't a quality stream, but I seriously doubt they have Zuffa's production budget.

I could give a fuck if that shit was filmed with cell phone cameras, I'm trying to watch fights goddammit

Ice Cubes on Kiriks Nipples - LOL at that guy they had Sean fight on short notice!

the dude LITERALLY had NO SKILL in our sport.

What a joke just like this promotion.

Dana is laughing right now, oh wait he didn't tune into this shitty promotion.

I'd love to talk to the owner of this promotion on the phone 1 on 1 to tell him how embarrassing it is
That's not fair to Sean or Cameron. Dude had a 5-3 record coming in, that's more fights than people who have gotten breaks in the UFC.

These guys are trying to hurt each other in a cage to give us what we want. We need to give them a bit more credit than that.

This dude is a joke.

On my show, we work with many small promotions in our area. Putting on an MMA show is no easy task. I've never seen Danas comments, but I have a hard time believing he has completely shit on the little guys.

As far as McCorkles opponent... or any easy fights. You have no idea how hard it is to bring these guys in. I just witnessed an event where Jamie Varner was supposed to M.E. in a small ass Kentucky town. This fool wanted to change the weight all the way up to the day of the fight. Not to mention, he fudged his bloodwork and got thrown out of the building the day of the fight. Just imagine how many MFers were upset.

You have to use your local draws, and 9 times out of 10... Coaches and managers are VERY picky about who their guys will fight. Guys drop out on the day of, or just no show. Its a constant scramble.

So before you run your mouth about local shows... Just remember that these local shows are just as much a part of this MMA boom that we all enjoy. Its not just Zuffa World, partner.

Here's a full rundown of that Varner crap. http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=vEEZWydhNUg

As far as production goes... Man, just the fact that they are running a live stream on FB is pretty impressive.

I do ring announce, as well as play-by-play. Most promoters aren't on cutting edge, and it takes a huge budget to do so. Most are worrying about paying all the 50 or so people involved. Paying for the venue. Paying the athletic commissions. That can be monster money.

I give CFA props for doing what they did. Its a difficult task to say the least. They did have a sick ring announcer. One of the best. Mr. Joe Martinez, the guy that got me a big boost in the biz.

That's just the thing. When you're doing regional, you have to worry about keeping the crowd there happy. They prob ran a natl feed just to put it out there, and give friends and fam of the fighters a way to watch the show.

Legacy 7 the other night was nice Phone Post

theringmaster - As far as production goes... Man, just the fact that they are running a live stream on FB is pretty impressive.

I do ring announce, as well as play-by-play. Most promoters aren't on cutting edge, and it takes a huge budget to do so. Most are worrying about paying all the 50 or so people involved. Paying for the venue. Paying the athletic commissions. That can be monster money.

I give CFA props for doing what they did. Its a difficult task to say the least. They did have a sick ring announcer. One of the best. Mr. Joe Martinez, the guy that got me a big boost in the biz.

That's just the thing. When you're doing regional, you have to worry about keeping the crowd there happy. They prob ran a natl feed just to put it out there, and give friends and fam of the fighters a way to watch the show.

Agreed! This is a troll thread. There has to be a farm league out there to build the guys into the major shows. These events may not have the frills of a UFC event, but they do provide the "up close and personal" effect that allows the fans to relate. Allows the fans to build a personal relationship with the striving fighters before they make it.. Alot of what makes college football so popular. Get a life bro and perhaps wait until you've had your account for more than 60 days, before you start bashing the hard working grass roots fighters that make UFC and the rest of the major events possible.