Let me first thank you for the chance to atleast approach this topic. We have a self proclamed founder of a knife self defense program in our community. He has approached the recreation board for funding to a community program. I have voiced my disapproval to the council because I do not believe his program is sound and sets people up to be sued or worse killed.
- His credentials seem lacking.
- He allows his program to 14 year old girls.
- He only has a 45 min lecture part to discuss all the other elements of self defense.
- His complete program is only 4-5 hrs
- Lethal force is the main element with the knife. 8 targets that stop attacker in 3sec and bleeds out in 8sec.
- At the last meeting his trade secret so the knife wasn't taken away from the defender was I quote " stab, stab, stab, throw" Yep thats right throw the weapon, as far as you can. How rediculus is this?
- His statistics on his homepage are mis used. he uses FBI UCR for one year then uses BOJS (bureau of justice statistics) for the other year. The data isn't apples to apples. He also uses college surveys and said its a doj data.
I have a data packet of info also if you would like to see it. I was just curious about the idea of a 5 hr. seminar and gaurantee the ability. the fact of giving any 14 year old the lethal force ability and not the legal information, the stab and throw method. I believe he is a charleton and needs runout. The board has its reservations already I am just trying to convince them totally so his ship can sail. Check out his staff page. The errors in the bio of the person.
I have had conversations with Marc MacYoung, Peyton Quinn, Masabb Ayoob already they all have reservations of some sort and to varied degrees. I was just looking for another set of fresh eyes.
I left out the website.... www.akt-inc.com