smart money tonight

lloyd irvin gave me my redbelt for last nights predictions

mrantistupiditay - 
Neil McCauley - 
mrantistupiditay - 
You're handicapping as an outsider -- a fan -- not a fighter. You should train (or train more), and after a few years you'll have a totally different way of looking at fights. The hardest thing to match up when you handicap is attributes. As a fain/outsider you will have very little insight into that -- you'll think you have it, but you don't. Silva is a little too young & fast & physically sound for Stout, who has a lot of years of wear on him; that's aside from Silva having a more varied (ground/standing) potential for attack, offsetting what would have seemed to be Stout's advantage with just hands. That's all part of why Stout couldn't get his timing with him; the loss of the head coach is a very large mental factor as well, especially in Stout's case.

These are things that are intuitive to factor in, if you've been in a few fight camps.

I have been training jiu jitsu for 7+ years and whos silva? Stout fought tavares and clearly won the fight IMO. Was a great bet and i'd make the same bet if they fought again tomorrow.

Also some of the worst handicappers are fighters. These guys spend all day training and cant be fucked to think about fighting at home, let alone obssessively watch fight tape like I do. Notice how just about every single sherdog pro's predictions are WAY OFF?

OK, if true, my bad.

I have not trained with either Stout or Tavares, but no way would I have bet on Stout for this fight. All he has is his hands, and if you fuck up his timing or beat him to the punch he was no advantages in the fights; that's exactly what Tavares was able to do: offbalance Stout in the one area of the game where Stout was up to par. Tavares is physically in much better condition (meaning less wear, greater speed and better physical function) than Stout.

Much of his success in the past was also due to not having to think too much; Tomkins did all his thinking for him. Without that guidance, he was reduced to reacting, rather than initiating, and that's not good for his stand-up game.

Constructively intended.

stout is basically a kickboxer who has developed nice takedown defense and defensive grappling.

tavares is basically a jiu jitsu guy with a weak chin and sub par takedowns.

Then if you took into account tavares was brutally ko'd by matt wiman and shane roller(two far worse strikers then sam)This fight was made for stout to beat tavares and IMO he clearly beat him. Seriously what did tavares do to win?

Not to mention if theres another 30 seconds in round 3 stout probably puts him unconscious.

I did not think tompkins death would have any effect on the outcome, nor do i think it did.

I appreciate you posts although i dont agree and next event with lines out, i will be making another smart money thread
and i hope you come give some insight pre fight.

In regards to the sherdog pros predictions, the simply ask fighters who they thinks goign to win the main event, they've done this for many years, it has nothing to do with their writers opinions.

mrantistupiditay - Whoooa....

"Then if you took into account tavares was brutally ko'd by matt wiman and shane roller(two far worse strikers then sam)This fight was made for stout to beat tavares and IMO he clearly beat him. Seriously what did tavares do to win? "

Either you're trolling, now, or just not living in reality.

Basically you have just told me it's a waste of any effort at all to take you seriously, either way.

ko'd brutally by wiman and roller - check

should've lost decision to stout - check

wheres the troll, buddy?

if you think taveres won, you're "just not living in reality". Explain to me how he won, how he possible won the 1st 2nd or 3rd rounds, id like to read it.

Got takedown but opponent got imediately back up, taken down again, but back up, this along with taveres strugglign to hold him down and sam posting, shrimping, standing up, doing everything to not get hodl down, basically a stalemate for 2/3 minutes, then rest of round sam outrstruking him and landed a big right. thats a 10-10 or 10-9 stout. taveres lost every round and at least the 2nd and 3rd.