Smoking trout (pics)

Smoking up all our catch from spring to now

The brine: Pickling salt, and brown sugar

We left the fish in the brine over night, and put them in the smoker in the morning

The smoker was made by my gf's dad.  Super simple with just a single stove element burner.  The woodchips we used were apple tree trimmings from apple trees in the yard.

first batch done, and it was super tasty!

OMG and you're in Kelowna right? Lemme know when it's done lol

Looks great. Pretty cool smoker. Phone Post 3.0

Never mind. All the pics weren't done loading before I was salivating/responding. Looks awesome

I had to smoke many a trout in prison.

Thought this thread was about trouser trout, leaving now

nice

Tremendous... Love smoked trout... Great made up like tuna Salad and served open face or in lettuce wraps.

VU Phone Post 3.0

Mike Trout great ballplayer Phone Post 3.0

FETT_TFK_El Pescadero - Tremendous... Love smoked trout... Great made up like tuna Salad and served open face or in lettuce wraps.

VU Phone Post 3.0

Haha I usually just eat them by itself, but I am going to try it in lettuce wraps, those sound like they would be amazing!

VU returned :)

MrSmiff - Never mind. All the pics weren't done loading before I was salivating/responding. Looks awesome

Thanks man, they did turn out pretty good!

And it gives me an excuse to get back in the boat ahaha, gotta replenish our fish supply!

Mike Litoris - 
MrSmiff - Never mind. All the pics weren't done loading before I was salivating/responding. Looks awesome

Thanks man, they did turn out pretty good!

And it gives me an excuse to get back in the boat ahaha, gotta replenish our fish supply!

Very cool man. Enjoy

Anyone else expected a joke thread containing a picture of a trout with a marlboro in its mouth?

god damn i want this

Awesome~

Mike Litoris -
FETT_TFK_El Pescadero - Tremendous... Love smoked trout... Great made up like tuna Salad and served open face or in lettuce wraps.

VU Phone Post 3.0

Haha I usually just eat them by itself, but I am going to try it in lettuce wraps, those sound like they would be amazing!

VU returned :)

Love them by them selves, with a good beer n some crackers ... Oh god!! Lol but fun to switch it up when you got over stock, I do this yearly with trout and Salmon.

Fresh caught, cooked and chilling at camp Salmon salad eaten with tortilla chips... Honestly one of the best things on this earth.

I use Apple Wood(75%) n Hickory(25%) combo. So goods!! Phone Post 3.0

Wow that looks amazing.

Wish mine came out as clean as yours, it was still tasty. Black drum & snapper.

NiteProwleR -

Wish mine came out as clean as yours, it was still tasty. Black drum & snapper.

Looks Kine!!!

Heard drum is delicious. Phone Post 3.0

VU ^^^ Phone Post 3.0