Snipers not doing good

fasthandssam - 
jasonhightower - 

This is the bottom line of War. As I get older and have more sense, I want nothing to do with War unless it is literally the last resort to protect our land.

Exactly this. War is romanticized, glorified, and sexed up so much because if people saw it for what it really is then good luck getting people to support it let alone participate.

Very cute and all but the more ultra pacifist we get, the further the likes of Hitler and ISIS will get before they are stopped so even more people die. Wait too long and it may be too late to stop them at all. Don't get me wrong "sexing up" war is a bad thing to do, but so is the other extreme and becoming a gigantic nation of pussies. So we do need to find some kind of a happy medium somewhere.

Well frankly pretty much all the allies of WW1 turned into gigantic pussies while Hitler was rising to power and building his armies. He could have been stopped with ease around the Sudetenland turn of events if the political will was there and everyone had been a bit less terrified of another war. A stitch in time saves nine as they say.

We learn fucking nothing from history of course. Right now we should be taking a firm line against Putin and upping military spending, instead of putting our hope in appeasement once again.

My squad leader in the infantry was a Serbian that had fought in the Bos/Serb war. He had some crazy stories Phone Post 3.0

Why snipe innocent civilians?

Poor people Phone Post 3.0

S bend7 - Poor people Phone Post 3.0

That's still no excuse to shoot them, you monster.

LAter

CDarwin - 

They needed to get from point A to B. Think several years. A is water and work. B is food and home.

I would have to C my ass to another country.

Richard Roe -
Marcus Agrippa -
fasthandssam - 
jasonhightower - 

This is the bottom line of War. As I get older and have more sense, I want nothing to do with War unless it is literally the last resort to protect our land.

Exactly this. War is romanticized, glorified, and sexed up so much because if people saw it for what it really is then good luck getting people to support it let alone participate.

Very cute and all but the more ultra pacifist we get, the further the likes of Hitler and ISIS will get before they are stopped so even more people die. Wait too long and it may be too late to stop them at all. Don't get me wrong "sexing up" war is a bad thing to do, but so is the other extreme and becoming a gigantic nation of pussies. So we do need to find some kind of a happy medium somewhere.
Hitler reigning as long as he did was because of ultra pacifism? What country was the nation of pussies in WW2? Phone Post 3.0
America just said to hell with Europe, Collected all the debts and left them to fend for themselves.

The Brits and French should've done something, even the Soviets. But I can imagine, with the casualties they sustained, and sort of renewed warfare was the farthest thing from their minds. Phone Post 3.0

Marcus Agrippa - Well frankly pretty much all the allies of WW1 turned into gigantic pussies while Hitler was rising to power and building his armies. He could have been stopped with ease around the Sudetenland turn of events if the political will was there and everyone had been a bit less terrified of another war. A stitch in time saves nine as they say.

Very true. But LOL @ comparing the US to any neioghbor state of Nazi Germany.

Who has an army even remotely equal to the US? Who spends almost 50% of the WORLD's military budget? I think we can stop sexing up war already.

What finally made Japan and Germany stop being such aggressive nations was that they were finally beat on their home soil instead of wrecking every where else. To American citizens, war is something done far away, in distant lands. It never affects their day to day lives.

Only 9-11 could be seen as a n attack on US soil. Pearl Harbor was in the Pacific far away. Now we even use drones to kill people while these drones are controlled from US bases by people doing their work shifts!

Again, there is room to ton down the war rhetoric without becoming vulnerable.

RiddumRed - Why snipe innocent civilians?

It was a racial hatred conflict. A lot of atrocities done.

Damn the people saving those shot are courageous as hell! You know the sniper is probably there watching what he did, and has obviously no qualms at shooting innocent people. It takes quite some balls to save someone while putting yourself in harm's way like that.