Snoozeman with his 3rd finish in 4 fights

Boring is subjective but the first Mas fight was the only one in which he did not dominate in about his last 6? He finished Mas rematch, Burns, Colby, dec Mas first time and beat down Woodley and RDA pretty badly.

Many y’all just don’t like Usman and classically can’t separate your love/hate for a legit assessment.

Franny?

1 Like

Just lol@saying usman is greater p4p than jon jones. Jon jones is the best fighter ever in any weight class.

People don’t like Usman because he’s really awkward when he talks and he’s really ugly too. I know it’s a guy so people shouldn’t care about looks but he has the face of someone with some kind of development disability.

I don’t think it has anything to do with race even though that gets brought up in every one of these threads. People love adesanya, anderson silva, ngannou, rampage, etc. Most white people were stoked that ngannou knocked out stipe.

Based on their last fights, Usman looks better at the moment. His body of work doesn’t compare to Jones. But Jones isn’t fighting like the guy who beat Cormier twice.

2 Likes

Jones lost to Reyes in most people’s eyes remember and has not looked impressive in his last few overall.

He isnt asnoozenan anymore, but he sure was before the Colby fight. He was John Fitch

1. He was the typical Decision Machine, a Neutralizer who cant demonstrate real domination (10-8 or finish)

2. He earned my respect now because he has developed into a Fighter who can give a whooping, not just a Neutralizer.

He’s fighting world class fighters and beating them. Sure a fight here and there was close.

Usman just beat a guy who has lost 15 fights… Outside or colby not sure what’s so impressive. I mean woodley was doing well sure but it’s just boring wrestler humping boring wrestler. No one will remember woodley or usman in a couple years.

Jones beat multiple current/future hall of famers. Beat up and comers and everyone in between.

Jones would push Usman’s shit in if they fought in same weight class.

Jones dominance is like fedors dominance… it’s not about a single fight, it’s going 10 years beating the top comp in the world without losing a single fight.

How long has usman been fighting the number 1 guy for now?

1 Like

It’s Francis, wasabi has a hard on for Usman. everytime he talks he kills his own hype, how difficult is that to understand? He’s a great fighter just shit on the mic.

Literally nobody is arguing that Usman has had a better career than Jones. You’re arguing with a straw man. Jones is a much better all-time fighter than Usman and the Jones who beat Daniel Cormier is a better p4p fighter.

Right now, judging off their last fights, Usman is better at this moment, based on their last fight

Thanks, Chael_McD

I’ve been saying for a few years that Usman would be champion. He’s been
Improving at a fast rate but do I really look forward to his fights? Hmm I guess it depends on his opponent… this fight with Masvidal did not interest me much at all

Right now the only interesting matchups for Usman are Colby and Wonderboy. Colby will only be interesting if he makes it a grappling match … WB has the speed, length and technique to make it interesting on the feet

1 Like

Very sharp, great performance indeed yet she did not get a performance bonus. That is a CROCK OF SHIT if you ask me. What else could she have done? She DOMINATED her opponent who, is a former champion. She dominated a former champion in the stand up, yet dominated her on the ground which was supposed to be Andrad’s strength, and Valentina finished her there.

Dana White-“Sorry kid, not good enough”.

3 Likes

As long as Usman finishes fights then I don’t have a problem with him, but “SNOOZEMAN” did show himself in the Jorge Masvidal rematch because when Usman took Jorge down, he was holding him and content to do just that. He wasn’t trying to ground n pound and most importantly he was not trying to advance position.
It wasn’t until Jorge started blasting him with elbows from the bottom that forced Usman to stop holding onto Jorge.

Usman’s name has respect on it from me. I like that he is improving and really like that he’s getting finishes and seems to be more confident to believe he can finish anyone, but I will still be paying attention when the fight goes to the ground to see if he’s subduing his opponent or actively pursing a better position.

I don’t know what that means. But before the Colby fight he finished 7 of his 15 wins.

People calling him “snoozeman” just shows they, don’t like him, know shit about him or MMA in general.

1 Like

Non-UFC fight we should not count. Every fighter before they come to the UFC destroys regional MMA or other lower level MMA.

All professional fights count, that’s how most fighters get selected to fight in the UFC.

No, if we are going to talk and judge the best fighters of the world, their pre-UFC wins dont matter. What matters is wins and losses against the best fighters in their era. If you win 50 times and never lost, but those 50 were all against cans, sorry, thats not evidence you are legit.

1 Like