Snowden "I'm Still Working For The NSA..."

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20131224/00154125681/ed-snowden-im-still-working-nsa-they-are-only-ones-who-dont-realize-it.shtml

On the repeated claim that Snowden "broke his oath," this point has been long debunked. Former covert CIA operative, now author, Barry Eisler had had debunked that one within days of Snowden revealing himself, but still people repeat that myth. Snowden more or less repeats exactly what Eisler had said back in June:
In his interview with The Post, Snowden noted matter-of-factly that Standard Form 312, the ­classified-information nondisclosure agreement, is a civil contract. He signed it, but he pledged his fealty elsewhere.

“The oath of allegiance is not an oath of secrecy,” he said. “That is an oath to the Constitution. That is the oath that I kept that Keith Alexander and James Clapper did not.”

REAL AMERICAN HERO!

I agree with what he's done and I understand he's had little choice but....real American heroes run away to foreign countries to be used as political puppet tools?

ArthurKnoqOut - I agree with what he's done and I understand he's had little choice but....real American heroes run away to foreign countries to be used as political puppet tools?
Or stay in the states and face prosecution Phone Post 3.0

ArthurKnoqOut - I agree with what he's done and I understand he's had little choice but....real American heroes run away to foreign countries to be used as political puppet tools?
He'd be sitting in guantanamo bay for the rest of his life if he hadnt left. Lets not pretend that anything other than that would've taken place...or he would have died of "natural causes"...like drowning in a bowl of soup. Phone Post 3.0

JustMidge - 
Or stay in the states and face prosecution Phone Post 3.0

yeah like a HERO.

ArthurKnoqOut - I agree with what he's done and I understand he's had little choice but....real American heroes run away to foreign countries to be used as political puppet tools?

Real American heroes willing subject themselves to secret kangaroo courts?

Mit - 
He'd be sitting in guantanamo bay for the rest of his life if he hadnt left. Lets not pretend that anything other than that would've taken place...or he would have died of "natural causes"...like drowning in a bowl of soup. Phone Post 3.0

let's not pretend like you're stating something that isn't obvious, dude. No offense.

Obviously, he'd be fucked here but you're kidding yourself if you think he's not fucked being Putin's hostage, either, once his usefulness runs out. They are going to kill him just as well and then use that as propaganda that the CIA has operatives Russia.

lol some people amaze me.  Everyone is arguing whether he should have stayed here vs. leave.  Many want to nit pick what his real motives were, was he really a hero, blah blah blah. 

It's like someone calling the police because they see a burglar enter a neighbor's house.  Then everyone starts asking what was the callers REAL intentions reporting this burglary?  Was it for self serving reasons or is he just a snitch and being a tattle tail?  Meanwhile, the burglar walks away scott free while everyone tries to character assassinate the eye witness.

He's doing everything right so far.

Every decision he makes is to keep him alive/out of jail, and its a day to day problem. Phone Post 3.0

DiSmAnTLeR - 
Dumbest thing I've read on the net all month, right here!! Phone Post 3.0

awww, really? I should just go kill myself now...oh wait, you're full of shit and probably retarded so I'm good :)

Soup and Beer - 

lol some people amaze me.  Everyone is arguing whether he should have stayed here vs. leave.  Many want to nit pick what his real motives were, was he really a hero, blah blah blah. 

It's like someone calling the police because they see a burglar enter a neighbor's house.  Then everyone starts asking what was the callers REAL intentions reporting this burglary?  Was it for self serving reasons or is he just a snitch and being a tattle tail?  Meanwhile, the burglar walks away scott free while everyone tries to character assassinate the eye witness.

Actually, who here is nitpicking anything? In other 100,000 threads, sure. Here? no.

I don't really care what his motives were, to be sure, because the act alone was a good thing. It exposed a lot of NSA wrongdoings and I think there are going to be positive overhauls coming out of it.

Having said that, and knowing Russia's geopolitics, having come from there and still paying close attention to, and associating with many activists within the country, I do not think that is a wise move and all the same it's a "fucked either way" situation that he's in.

I love the butthurtness of some here, though, all the while they can't even comprehend what I was trying to say LOL

Soup and Beer - 

Exactly. The man provided definitive proof that our government is corrupt and criminal yet people want to argue the why.

Prosecute any NSA official that committed perjury before congress. There can be no oversight. When US intelligence blatantly lies to congress.

Once he started leaking information on how our country spies on other countries he stopped being a whistle blower and became a traitor.

OneScoup - Prosecute any NSA official that committed perjury before congress. There can be no oversight. When US intelligence blatantly lies to congress.

I wholeheartedly agree with this and yet, one of the key witnesses so to speak is in an enemy nation. How would you feel if he had ran away to Iran? Probably not as favorbly as Russia, yeah? Except Russia is worse. They aren't isolated like Iran and are much more influential in terms of anti-Western/American propaganda and Snowden became an enormous political tool for Putin's regime.

It's interesting that some of you think if he had stayed he'd wake up dead in a cell some time in the future but the same thing will happen to him in Russia, as I've mentioned and will be made to look like the CIA did it to further destabilize the West.

This is waaaaay bigger than Snowden.

Also, he's not a traitor by any means. He's a whistle blower but I don't know if I would go as far as a hero. I think that if he had stayed it would illustrate his belief in his "mission". By running away it illustrated that his number one priority is self-preservation which isn't wrong because I WOULD DO THE SAME THING but I am no hero lol

Synado - Didn't this guy try to barter asylum by revealing classified information with his host country? Doesn't seem very hero like to me.

I honestly don't remember this and there were many threads on him but I wouldn't be surprised, tbh - self preservation is a strong instinct and I'd do the same.

ArthurKnoqOut - 
OneScoup - Prosecute any NSA official that committed perjury before congress. There can be no oversight. When US intelligence blatantly lies to congress.

I wholeheartedly agree with this and yet, one of the key witnesses so to speak is in an enemy nation. How would you feel if he had ran away to Iran? Probably not as favorbly as Russia, yeah? Except Russia is worse. They aren't isolated like Iran and are much more influential in terms of anti-Western/American propaganda and Snowden became an enormous political tool for Putin's regime.

It's interesting that some of you think if he had stayed he'd wake up dead in a cell some time in the future but the same thing will happen to him in Russia, as I've mentioned and will be made to look like the CIA did it to further destabilize the West.

This is waaaaay bigger than Snowden.

Did you miss the part....he didn't "run away" to Russia. Out government suspended his passport while he was on a stop in Russia.

ArthurKnoqOut - 
Synado - Didn't this guy try to barter asylum by revealing classified information with his host country? Doesn't seem very hero like to me.

I honestly don't remember this and there were many threads on him but I wouldn't be surprised, tbh - self preservation is a strong instinct and I'd do the same.

he did nothing of the sort. He did not have the information on him when he arrived in Russia.

God the idiocy and sheer ignorance of people. Keep reading and believing the MSM.

Synado - Didn't this guy try to barter asylum by revealing classified information with his host country? Doesn't seem very hero like to me.
Evidence? Phone Post 3.0