So an SSD drive is way better, way faster..

but once it decides to stop working. It's done. And expensive as hell to replace.

I've had problems with regular hard drives and usually you can just reformat and they work fine again. Not this special "Apple" drive. I can't even just go to Best Buy and grab a new one because it's "special" and has special Apple connectors. Gayyyyyyeeeeee.

Wut? Never heard of these special apple connectors. What model we talking? It's prob just a m2 card or something you can get for half price without the apple logo.

lol @ getting scammed by Apple

Apple?

I thought you were talking about real computers...

2015 retina. Yeah I'd rather just buy a Samsung replacement but from what I've seen Apple has their own "proprietary" system for the SSDs in the newer MacBooks. I heard you can use an adapter, rather not f with that though.

I put a regular SSD in a windows laptop, piece of cake.

On my MacBook Pro, I moved my spindle drive to the optical drive space and installed a standard SSD where my spindle drive was. I’ve been working on Apple computers for years and have never heard or seen any special connectors that they are using. What model and year is your computer?

"On my MacBook Pro, I moved my spindle drive to the optical drive space and installed a standard SSD where my spindle drive was. I’ve been working on Apple computers for years and have never heard or seen any special connectors that they are using. What model and year is your computer?"

2015 retina. If you have an optical drive space you probably have the thicker model. I think those are different/more upgradeable. Apparently M2 drives are better/faster, but not compatible. So you pay way more for slower hard drives. OWC is the only other brand and they are still expensive. I think I heard the ssds on the new MacBooks are better, but soldered in. lol. SSD fails, new mac.

What did you expect from Apple. Go buy an actual computer. Parts are cheap.

Ssd's are way quicker than hdd. I've used them for years and never had a failure.
The m2 type plug directly into the motherboard, not via sata. So can't be retrofitted mostly.
Now they are insane fast, like 4x more than a sata ssd.

lol @ HDD in todays day and age for any sort of operating system drive.

I thought the drive in Macbook Retinas were M2? Should be a lift and shift job....

"What device are we talking here? No special connectors for SSD as far as im aware in a Macbook for example, it's probably just an M2."

It's not a standard M2. I said it three times. lol. Wish it was. Probably save me a couple hundred.

2015 15" Macbook Pro retina. Soldered in ram. SSD is replaceable, but has it's own gay connector. Took it out and put it back in just to see how easy it was. Extremely. The thing actually started up properly once after doing that. Hopefully that's what the issue is and not a bad motherboard or something.

Next time buy a Windows computer and you won't have this issue.

quality -

Next time buy a Windows computer and you won't have this issue.

You deserve it for buying a Mac you jerk.

don't listen to these fags, its easy and cheap to replace for an iMac

https://eshop.macsales.com/shop/ssd/owc/imac-27-inch/late-2013-2017

PTM2020 -

don't listen to these fags, its easy and cheap to replace for an iMac

https://eshop.macsales.com/shop/ssd/owc/imac-27-inch/late-2013-2017

That's an imac and a 2.5 ssd, ya stupid.

Just get a properly keyed m2 and hot glue it down. Save yourself some loot. Fucking apple...

he said retina.  those are imacs too.  nvm.  jerks