So AS would be favorite VS JBJ?

FutaWon (C) - 

Jones was scared to box it up with Rampage. I think it's a very interesting fight. Jones would have to worry about Silva's pinpoint accurate counter strikes. Not to mention Silva is more athletic than anyone Jones has faced. He has great ability to dodge getting hit and counter with precise hard shots.

It would be an awesome fight.

My guess is it would be
Silva -115
Jones -115 Phone Post

that was just Greg Jackson's "game plan"

Chimp Strength -

I'm a big AS fan (nuthugger states by UG standards (not quite Thiaguy level)), but Jones is leagues above everyone else at LHW as he's proved time and time again.  Only person out there I think can beat Anderson.  I don't see how Anderson could be favourite stepping up a weight class and facing such a dominant champion.  Odd would probably be pretty short on each, but I would expect Jones to be favourite.

So wait, the guy who decisioned Bonner is leagues above the guy who is naturally smaller and destroyed everyone he fought at lhw Phone Post

andyman011 - 
Chimp Strength -

I'm a big AS fan (nuthugger states by UG standards (not quite Thiaguy level)), but Jones is leagues above everyone else at LHW as he's proved time and time again.  Only person out there I think can beat Anderson.  I don't see how Anderson could be favourite stepping up a weight class and facing such a dominant champion.  Odd would probably be pretty short on each, but I would expect Jones to be favourite.

So wait, the guy who decisioned Bonner is leagues above the guy who is naturally smaller and destroyed everyone he fought at lhw Phone Post

He's fought guys AS has not that are much better than AS's average opponent. In a single year he fought Machida, Page, Shogun and Evans. That more legends then AS ever fought. The poster is a HUGE AS fan but he's not delusional.

Take your dumb ass MMA math and shove it, if you can't understand the above outweighs it by far your delusional.

Lazer MMA - 
hubris - Nah

Jones is a heavyweight with amazing wrestling

he has youth and all the physical advantages

But so many seem to like AS. Would they bet it though?

If Andy was the underdog I would bet on it in a heartbeat.

He has a better chance to beat Jones than anyone at 205 or below.

Lazer MMA - 
andyman011 - 
Chimp Strength -

He's fought guys AS has not that are much better than AS's average opponent. In a single year he fought Machida, Page, Shogun and Evans. That more legends then AS ever fought. The poster is a HUGE AS fan but he's not delusional.

Take your dumb ass MMA math and shove it, if you can't understand the above outweighs it by far your delusional.

Machida and Evans are now "legends".....?Evans who held the belt for one whole fight?

Shogun and Page are shells of their former selves and niether would be able to beat Silva.

You're delusion is shinning through again.

First I didn't do mmath I said a guy capable of decisioning Bonner. Which is really unimpressive. You guys act like Jon Jones can beat anyone and their mother. He literally was one inch away from losing to vitor. The difference between Jones and Silva is you can still find competitive fights for Jones. Silva has to change weight classes to find competition. Silva has demolished everybody he fought. Jones struggles on Vera bonnar Vitor, took rampage who was fat and unmotivated to the 4th round. Decisioned rashad. Its not that impressive. Look at Silva. Kod leben in under a minute. Kod the champ Franklin twice, rocked and rncd hendo. Moved up destroyed Forrest and bonnar destroyed vitor, gave chael stitches from the bottom in the first fight and compressed his entire ribcage in the second. Maia couldn't do a damn thing to him. Okami got laid out. Sure Jones is winning but is he really impressing anyone Phone Post

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Lazer MMA - 
andyman011 - 
Chimp Strength -

Machida and Evans are now "legends".....?Evans who held the belt for one whole fight?

Shogun and Page are shells of their former selves and niether would be able to beat Silva.

Yea sure

Name 4 fighters AS ever fought in that league? He never has, past their prime or no! LMFAO at "delusion" AS troll.

andyman011 - 

First I didn't do mmath I said a guy capable of decisioning Bonner. Which is really unimpressive. You guys act like Jon Jones can beat anyone and their mother. He literally was one inch away from losing to vitor. The difference between Jones and Silva is you can still find competitive fights for Jones. Silva has to change weight classes to find competition. Silva has demolished everybody he fought. Jones struggles on Vera bonnar Vitor, took rampage who was fat and unmotivated to the 4th round. Decisioned rashad. Its not that impressive. Look at Silva. Kod leben in under a minute. Kod the champ Franklin twice, rocked and rncd hendo. Moved up destroyed Forrest and bonnar destroyed vitor, gave chael stitches from the bottom in the first fight and compressed his entire ribcage in the second. Maia couldn't do a damn thing to him. Okami got laid out. Sure Jones is winning but is he really impressing anyone Phone Post

Another difference is JBJ has fought much better than AS ever did already.

No worries, all is good we need the fight is all.

^^^^^^ Sakurai, Newton, Franklin, Hendo

Shit, at the time Jones fought Evans he was no different that Forrest. LHW Former Champion who only held the belt for one fight.

I will assume that you may need some help understanding who Sakurai/Newton were as far as great fighters as you seem to be a newer fan to the sport....

Lazer MMA -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Lazer MMA - 
andyman011 - 
Chimp Strength -

Yea sure

Name 4 fighters AS ever fought in that league? He never has, past their prime or no! LMFAO at "delusion" AS troll.

But that's retarded to say beating a past prime shogun is the equivalent of beating him in pride. Look where shogun is now, fighting Vera and gustaffson. Look where rampage is, fighting maybe Glover. Plus he's got a belly and isn't down for the sport anymore. Machida is fighting bader and hendo. Its not like these guys were doing big things. Fuck machida fought couture and won, does that mean he would have won a few years ago? No Phone Post

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Lazer MMA - 
hubris - Nah

JBJ by TD & hellbow 8.5 out of ten easy IMO (just the same as any great HW wrestler too), hell Leites did well for two rounds FFS.

Lazer MMA -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Lazer MMA - 
hubris - Nah

JBJ by TD & hellbow 8.5 out of ten easy IMO (just the same as any great HW wrestler too), hell Leites did well for two rounds FFS.

By that logic as by Thai clinch. Heck he did it to Franklin twice. Or as by brutal knee. Did it to Franklin chael and bonnar. Or you can even go as far as AS by ko or tko because look at Franklin leben vitor chael okami marquardt bonnar griffin etc Phone Post

Jones would be a MASSIVE favorite for this fight. I could see it being 2/5 jones 2/1 silva. If i could get close to even money on jones i would put everything i have on it. No way silva beats him.

Based on this thread I really hope this fight happens, you guys can plunk your money down on Anderson to keep the line close and I will make a killing off of Jones.

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Shit, at the time Jones fought Evans he was no different that Forrest. LHW Former Champion who only held the belt for one fight.

I will assume that you may need some help understanding who Sakurai/Newton were as far as great fighters as you seem to be a newer fan to the sport....

LMFAO at new to the sport! I'd bet I was fighting when your mom was breast feeding you.

Yes to Sakurai ESPECIALLY at that time!

Newton at that point had lost Matt X2, Memme. Moreover he went only 4-7 for thest of his carrier after AS, so NO (it's not like when Hendo beat him)

Hendo without weight on was never as good as with weight on. His claim to fame at 85 was the very close fight with Busta. With weight on he's 2-1 VS the HW GOATS and won an open weight tourney. So it's a very good win but not not on par I'd guess.

I'll give you Ace, don't know why there is not more respect for him

So No

He never challenged the best when they were the best. JBJ is the last shot. I'll bet even $$ the fight does not happen in the next 2 years.

Dr Gonzo - Based on this thread I really hope this fight happens, you guys can plunk your money down on Anderson to keep the line close and I will make a killing off of Jones.

Try to gauge this, reason for the thread. We can only hope! OMG if AS is favored, LOL.

andyman011 - 
Lazer MMA -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Lazer MMA - 
hubris - Nah

By that logic as by Thai clinch. Heck he did it to Franklin twice. Or as by brutal knee. Did it to Franklin chael and bonnar. Or you can even go as far as AS by ko or tko because look at Franklin leben vitor chael okami marquardt bonnar griffin etc Phone Post

He getting TF put on his back right away LOl.

Lets concentrate on what posters think the odds will be & who will bet the fight per the thread. AS trolls attacking other AS fans for unbiased opinions here.

Lazer MMA - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

LMFAO at new to the sport! I'd bet I was fighting when your mom was breast feeding you.

Yes to Sakurai ESPECIALLY at that time!

Newton at that point had lost Matt X2, Memme. Moreover he went only 4-7 for thest of his carrier after AS, so NO (it's not like when Hendo beat him)

Hendo without weight on was never as good as with weight on. His claim to fame at 85 was the very close fight with Busta. With weight on he's 2-1 VS the HW GOATS and won an open weight tourney. So it's a very good win but not not on par I'd guess.

I'll give you Ace, don't know why there is not more respect for him

So No

He never challenged the best when they were the best. JBJ is the last shot. I'll bet even $$ the fight does not happen in the next 2 years.

LMAO @ trying to discredit Newton for his record AFTER they fought. You further your n00b by saying he lost to Matt twice knowing that he really only lost once. More proof you are just using Wiki or Sherdog fight finder.

"he never challenged the best".....who exactly should he have challenged that he didn't? What MW was he avoiding?

BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane - 

Jones would be a MASSIVE favorite for this fight. I could see it being 2/5 jones 2/1 silva. If i could get close to even money on jones i would put everything i have on it. No way silva beats him.

This is WTF I want to know, the odds. I think lots of folks would back Silva. I don't know about "everything i have on it", but it will be some number, especially at even $$ or better.