So. Cal. South Bay Peoples. The Dunes?

Haven't been there in years but wanted to start running the Sand Dunes this weekend (to suppliment my MARTIAL ARTS Training)  when I heard some disturbing news that they have been fenced off to the public.

WTF?

I thought it was a public park.

Tell me this isn't true.

It was closed down somewhere around Thanksgiving due to a few very vocal residents complaining to city council about the number of people using it.

Pretty weak. It's like those people who buy a house next door to a High School and then complain about teenagers hanging around outside.

awe man. that really sucks.

There is nothing like it in all of LA.

spudink - It was closed down somewhere around Thanksgiving due to a few very vocal residents complaining to city council about the number of people using it.

Pretty weak. It's like those people who buy a house next door to a High School and then complain about teenagers hanging around outside.

I loved going there but I can't blame the residents. You buy a 2 million dollar home the last thing you want is to have ghetto people leaving thier dirty socks in the middle of the sidewalk people cussing around the kids, and bottles around the park. One of the athletes from one of the colleges ran up to one of the residents an elderly and almost hit her. The only thing that stopped her was her teammates stopped her. Blame the people who didn't respect the park or the residents for having it fenced off.

It has been reopened but you have to call Manhattan Beach and reserve a time slot for your workout.

Billittome - It has been reopened but you have to call Manhattan Beach and reserve a time slot for your workout.

cool!

Dunes in Playa Del Rey, between Venice and Manhattan Beach...

The dunes in Playa is not the same as the one in Manhattan Beach though. That thing wrecks your legs, and burns your lungs not matter what pace you climb it.