So called judges/judiciary.

A federal court upheld unconstitutional a anti 2nd amendment gun ban in Maryland that outlaws "assault rifles". The court ruled that because "assault rifles" are power military style weapons, they are not covered and protected by the 2nd Amendment. Liberal judicial activism at its best.

http://www.governing.com/topics/public-justice-safety/tns-maryland-assault-weapons-appeal.html

So people should move out of Maryland. 

Already a thread on it search ar ban. But the decision is horse shit. 

so have we taken to saying "so called judges" to anytime they make a rulling we dont agree with? 

sure many anti abortion people feel like this, or people that disagree on campaing finance.  What about people that think all guns should be banned.   chances are Trumps new EO will be fully constitutional and the left with be pissed does that make the judges wrong? Fact is there are ruling that everyone disagree's with does not make every judge and every court activist or "so called".  Rulings go both ways if they just always agreed with you there would be no need for them right?

Josh -

so have we taken to saying "so called judges" to anytime they make a rulling we dont agree with? 

sure many anti abortion people feel like this, or people that disagree on campaing finance.  What about people that think all guns should be banned.   chances are Trumps new EO will be fully constitutional and the left with be pissed does that make the judges wrong? Fact is there are ruling that everyone disagree's with does not make every judge and every court activist or "so called".  Rulings go both ways if they just always agreed with you there would be no need for them right?

No, when they make a ruling that is clearly not aligned with the law or reality, we say this. Just like when the fellow from Stanford got let off easy and when an appeals court ruled that it was unconstitutional to take privileges away from non us citizens not resigning on us soil. 

Im also sure you did not look into this case at all.

Josh - 

Bingo. But as expected, the point is lost on many.

Mark Antony's hangover - 
Josh -

No, when they make a ruling that is clearly not aligned with the law or reality, we say this. Just like when the fellow from Stanford got let off easy and when an appeals court ruled that it was unconstitutional to take privileges away from non us citizens not resigning on us soil. 

no people are saying this about every case the don't agree with.  immigration EO, Heller, abortion, gay marraige ect ect.  I can read the disenting views and the logic but as someone that is not a Constitutional lawyer I am not sure it is possible to fully understand.  Ya it sucks as a liberal there are plenty of cases I don't agree with but I don't think less of the judges.  I did not agree with Scalia but I don't think he was a activist just interpriting the law as he saw it.  Sometimes I just don't like parts of the Contstitution and I can either work to change it or accept it but it has nothing to do with the Judge.

Josh -
Mark Antony's hangover - 
Josh -

no people are saying this about every case the don't agree with.  immigration EO, Heller, abortion, gay marraige ect ect.  I can read the disenting views and the logic but as someone that is not a Constitutional lawyer I am not sure it is possible to fully understand.  Ya it sucks as a liberal there are plenty of cases I don't agree with but I don't think less of the judges.  I did not agree with Scalia but I don't think he was a activist just interpriting the law as he saw it.  Sometimes I just don't like parts of the Contstitution and I can either work to change it or accept it but it has nothing to do with the Judge.

I absolutely disagree. The constitution is very clear, and one version of judicial activism or politicizing the court is just as bad as the other, regardless of what side you are on. 

KickAssMcRad - AKA Idon't Portal -

So people should move out of Maryland. 

I would if I could and hopefully will one day. 

Mark Antony's hangover - 
Josh -
Mark Antony's hangover - 
Josh -

I absolutely disagree. The constitution is very clear, and one version of judicial activism or politicizing the court is just as bad as the other, regardless of what side you are on. 

ok if you are gonna call them "so called judges " who are they? who appointed them? and what was their confirmation vote? 

can you name some rulings that you disagree with 100% and a passionate about but yet can say not acitivist judge?  As in "I hate this, I disagree with this, its wrong, but I understand why its legal (or not)"

Mark Antony's hangover - 
Josh -
Mark Antony's hangover - 
Josh -

LOL @ the Constitution is 'clear'. How many issues have come up that the Founding Fathers couldn't even possibly conceive of?? The only thing you can say is that it's clearer on some things than others.

Josh -

Please point to any rational fact based idea in their ruling that makes their decision valid. Go ahead I'll wait. 

VinegarStrokes - 
Josh -

Please point to any rational fact based idea in their ruling that makes their decision valid. Go ahead I'll wait. 

They cited Heller that said explicitly that weapons that 'are most useful in military service - M16 rifles and the like - may be banned'.

So, it's not like they're making shit up out of whole cloth. I don't necessarily like the decision, but the fact that they're using Heller as precedent means that they are most definitely making a rational fact based ruling. You and I may not like it and may not even agree with it. But as is the case in most areas, it's not black and white.