so did UFC screw up putting together jds/cain II?

500k people used to watch UFC countdowns on spike... Now, less than 50k people watch it on fuel.

that has something to do with the buzz.

And injuries ruining cards has something to do with ticket sales... people are less likely to invest in seats, airfare and hotel's now than they were a year ago.

Events that focus on only 1 weight class would solve this problem.

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku -
aritwo - they thought the Hispanics would come through

cmon...cant afford UFC tix in vegas on a gardeners salary...paying taxes or not

Haha gold Phone Post

Overeem pissed hot so this is what we were left with. Honestly it's a good fight and I'm looking way more forward to this than the turds they've lined up for Jones and GSP.

I also don't see how this is a weak card. There are basically no weak fights on the main card (except for maybe the Leben fight) and there are several quality prelims as well.

I Predict Cain loses and drops down to LHW. They should really have considered creating a cruiser weight division.

Has Cain ever said that he'd consider moving to LHW? At 240 that's a lot of weight to drop. It's not like he's any smaller than JDS so "he's too small" is not a valid excuse for a loss here.

^ yup...  the fastest growing demographic in the United States are the latinos... zuffa and fox want them bad.

Mitt Romney lost because of the latinos and the single white women who are fucking them.

TheAxeMurderer84 - 
Tomato Can - Has Cain ever said that he'd consider moving to LHW? At 240 that's a lot of weight to drop. It's not like he's any smaller than JDS so "he's too small" is not a valid excuse for a loss here.

He seems smaller and pudgier Phone Post

He's definitely shorter but he also weighed 10 pounds more (249) for their first fight. I strongly doubt we'll see him at 205, I think that's just fanboy speculation.

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku -

this should be one of the biggest matches of the year but there is hardly any buzz and tickets arent even sold out...

legitimately, this is a great matchup and could go either way, but giving cain the shot just 1 fight removed from when he was demloshed appears to have been a mistake...

they should have let cain rack up at least 2-3 wins to build up his credibility in the eyes of fans again, making him look like the unstoppable force everyone thought he was before he fought jds...now for a lot of fans, its a forgone conclusion that he will get punked again...afterall, is it possible to improve that much after just one fight in between?

i think the fight will be closer and cain definitely has got a shot to grind it out, but the timing of the rematch doesnt make a whole lot of sense as far as fan perception is concerned...

Agreed, I think only the hardcore fans think this a pick em fight, allot of the pros actually have Cain as favorite, but casual fans think jds is gonna bingo bango the Mexican, and it's hard to tell if Cain has improved, he just steamed rolled bigfoot, was not much fighting goin on in that fight Phone Post

Tomato Can - Has Cain ever said that he'd consider moving to LHW? At 240 that's a lot of weight to drop. It's not like he's any smaller than JDS so "he's too small" is not a valid excuse for a loss here.

Cain is 6'1 JDS is 6'4 if I remember right JDS is lighter but has some reach and length on Cain.

Obviously Cain is not going to cut from 240 to 205 come on lets not be silly but he could trim mass to 225 or less then the cut is no big deal.

Anyway you cut it if Cain Velasquez loses this fight he's officially stalled and in lala land at HW and if they put Reem in the next title fight and he loses I don't see how Cain gets another rematch with JDS especially if the second fight is as definitive as the first.

UGSlapshot - I Predict Cain loses and drops down to LHW. They should really have considered creating a cruiser weight division.

Lol at Cain making lhw, everyone acts as if his some Roy Nelson mofo just cause his not ripped, probably in the best shape out of everyone in the hw div Phone Post

cain is in great shape, but he definitely has a lot of body fat...josh thompson doesnt look much smaller than cain in many pics

UGSlapshot - 
Tomato Can - Has Cain ever said that he'd consider moving to LHW? At 240 that's a lot of weight to drop. It's not like he's any smaller than JDS so "he's too small" is not a valid excuse for a loss here.

Cain is 6'1 JDS is 6'4 if I remember right JDS is lighter but has some reach and length on Cain.

Obviously Cain is not going to cut from 240 to 205 come on lets not be silly but he could trim mass to 225 or less then the cut is no big deal.

Anyway you cut it if Cain Velasquez loses this fight he's officially stalled and in lala land at HW and if they put Reem in the next title fight and he loses I don't see how Cain gets another rematch with JDS especially if the second fight is as definitive as the first.

If think you're overestimating how easy it is to just "trim mass" to 225 and then cut the rest. He's a big guy who's weighed in upwards of 250 for his fights. You drop that much weight and you're gonna start compromising strength and conditioning.

DEZBOT - 
UGSlapshot - I Predict Cain loses and drops down to LHW. They should really have considered creating a cruiser weight division.

Lol at Cain making lhw, everyone acts as if his some Roy Nelson mofo just cause his not ripped, probably in the best shape out of everyone in the hw div Phone Post

And exactly who is calling him roy now? Fighters can put bulk on and they can take it off, its not a fast process but its obtainable.

Again I think they should have created a cruiserweight division because half of the guys fighting at HW don't belong there.

They however don't have that weight class and if he wants to be involved in another title fight (assuming he losses this one) its his only option imo.

Dana knows Cain is his guy for the Mexican fans and wants to grow on that

The card should be called "Breaking into the Latino market 2, this time it's POR VIDA!!!" Phone Post

neither of these guys fight enough, how are we supposed to care about them if we never see them? I can't believe this fight card is in 2 days there's absolutely no buzz.

Tomato Can - 
UGSlapshot - 

If think you're overestimating how easy it is to just "trim mass" to 225 and then cut the rest. He's a big guy who's weighed in upwards of 250 for his fights. You drop that much weight and you're gonna start compromising strength and conditioning.

When did Cain weigh 250?

Here he is at 234 in Strikeforce, still not exactly ripped:

Vinny, Forrest, Wiuff, and others are 230+ on fight night at 205.

I really can't think of any fighters who have demonstrated worse conditioning in a lower weightclass than a higher. 

Savitar - Well, he can't possibly lose as bad as the first time...?

LMAO

How does miller vs lauzon match with the last 3 co mains on New Years
Diaz vs cowboy
Stann vs leben
Daley vs hazelett

Seems on par to me Phone Post

Orcus, Cain weighed 249 against JDS. He's a little short for a HW but he's really not lighter than average for the division.