So.. does having a kid get easier?

Have a 3-month old.. he naps for shit, and sleeps intermittently at night. He’s the best thing to ever happen to me, but I keep hearing it gets easier. When is that? Not complaining at all, it’s all worth it to see a smile on his face, but I’m hoping to get a few hours of sleep soon!

tldr- first time father is a bitch lol

Yes and no.  They sleep more but start drawing on your walls and eventually putting water in your vodka.  Enjoy every second, it goes fast.

Yes, it gets easier.

I feel your pain

I am old and have a 3 1/2 year old girl
The thing I miss the most is the abiity to go to sleep and sleep on my own terms

My sleep has been wrecked forever

My son is almost 3 and is a lot of fun now.  The early months were definitely very tough.  I feel like he started sleeping better at around 5 months, so hopefully your son will start sleeping well soon.

I love my little dude, but the early months were a lot tougher than I anticipated.  Hang in there.

Yes it gets easier.

Not sure if it actually gets easier or you get more efficient at being a parent, but it gets much better before you know it.

Savor every moment of it. They grow up so fast.

It’s get easier then it gets hard when they start to reach tween/teenage years. I have a 5 year and an 11 year old. Can’t get enough of my 5 year, they are fun at that age and you can’t do anything wrong. My 11 year old is hit or miss. Some days she loves me and then there are days where she looks at me like I’m ruining her life. Meh...

It definitely gets easier. Especially the sleep and crying part which can be quite difficult. I remember feeling like you do now. It seemed like it would never end, but looking back it was a short period of time. 

Get through this phase and enjoy being a Dad. It’s worth every second. 

You will forever regret your decision.

Signed, someone with no kids nor the intention of ever having them

0-2 yrs sucks ass

its starts getting good after that

women love that age for some reason

Damaynevent -

It’s get easier then it gets hard when they start to reach tween/teenage years. I have a 5 year and an 11 year old. Can’t get enough of my 5 year, they are fun at that age and you can’t do anything wrong. My 11 year old is hit or miss. Some days she loves me and then there are days where she looks at me like I’m ruining her life. Meh...

My 14 year old doesnt even acknowledge my existence for weeks sometimes...hurts my feelings

Gets easier but still sucks until they are about 5 when you don't have to micromanage everything

Yeah, my son just got over that. He’s 5 months now. I have an 11 year old daughter as well. She was the greatest baby ever. Slept 8-10 a night. Never got sick or an ear infection or any of that. It was heaven. It def gets easier. 

HaoleBoy - I feel your pain

I am old and have a 3 1/2 year old girl
The thing I miss the most is the abiity to go to sleep and sleep on my own terms

My sleep has been wrecked forever

Same boat. Love all of it until she has a meltdown b/c she's hungry but refuses to eat.

It does get easier, first few months are rough. Youll struggle with sleep deprevation for a while but it gets better.

After 6 months my son started sleeping 12 hours a night, which is amazing.

Yes (and no) but mainly: Yes!

My boys are now 16 and 19.

I no longer have to drive my eldest all around, and he's generally self-sufficient. My 16 year old as well. No more "driving to play dates" and whatnot.

There is far more freedom now than when they were young. In fact, when I see parents at those earlier stages, pushing a baby stroller, or dragging around a toddler, I shiver and think thank God that's not me any more.

Yeah, I loved my kids when they were little, but that love only grows stronger over time while they increase independence and your time becomes more free.

Plus, now I get to watch whatever cool movie I want with my sons, instead of suffering through kids shows and only family-friendly movies. My eldest loved watching GoodFellas with me a while back.

So, it gets better.

Don't shake the baby!

fml thanks for reminding me op. 

I just married a mid 20’s year old and she wants kids. Im not looking forward to chasing diapered rugrats around when i get in my 40’s

Hell no, right now is as easy as it gets.

First 5 or 6 months is fucking tough. Gets easier for sure. They’ll start sleeping better. 

Today my 4 year old came down with he flu. 6am she barfs all over her room. She has since puked at least 50 more times. Got me 5 times. It’s been real fun. Meanwhile my 8 month old has pink eye. Trying to keep everyone clean and separate have been fucking draining. I’m spent. Tonight my daughter is sleeping on a cot in the living room next to me on the couch. This is so when she girls on the floor it’s hardwood instead of carpet. Good times.....