So fish is not supposed to flake when cooked?

I just read a write up on baking fish. They said you want to avoid cooking it to the point of it flaking off when prodded with a fork. That was new to me. Also they said 10 minutes per inch of fish at the thickest part. Does this sound right to you?

I've heard this too.  It's pretty common.  Some people overcook fish because they want to avoid getting sick.  If you are buying fresh seafood, undercooking it won't do you any harm.

I had blackened salmon for lunch today which was overcooked.  It flaked into pieces when I went to cut it with my fork.  Not an issue since it was being served at Cheddar's.  

I live 9 hours from the nearest coast. I think I'll keep cooking it until it flakes just to be sure. Phone Post 3.0

QuinTheEskimo - I live 9 hours from the nearest coast. I think I'll keep cooking it until it flakes just to be sure. Phone Post 3.0

But... you're an Eskimo.

attjack -
QuinTheEskimo - I live 9 hours from the nearest coast. I think I'll keep cooking it until it flakes just to be sure. Phone Post 3.0

But... you're an Eskimo.
No, I'm a Dylan fan. Unfortunately the name change didn't help with my pigmentation or fish availability. Phone Post 3.0