So has the Chael vs Wand fight really died?

Really? The UFC or Wand or whoever is letting this payday/can't miss promo machine fight pass by and never come to fruition?

I haven't heard anything in two weeks about it, anyone else hear or read anything?

Such a shame, no matter what you think of the competitiveness which is arguable, Chael would be taking his promo machine everywhere for it, and Wand is a hero in Brazil.

I want to see it more than 90% of other fights in the UFC besides the compelling title fights in the next 6 months.

There's also no reason other matches people want to see with Chael or Wand can't also happen after.

big_roy_fan - Wandy ducked sonnen.

he asked for outrageous demands he knew would never be met, so he could hold his head high and say he accepted the fight and that it is not his fault it never happened.

If this s really the case and I'm not disputing because it looked like it stalled at him wanting that despite the UFC never giving that out and not being in his contract, how are people (Chael fans) not all over this?

Instead we have the GSP Heresay, circumstantial, Keith "Assclown" Kizer, Gut picture show...

In the overall scheme if things it doesn't really mean anything ( in terms of titles, etc...) but its definitely a fight I wanted to happen pretty badly.

Will be a shame if nothing comes of it, this is one for the fans. Phone Post 3.0

Joe Silva is an idiot. Rashad vs Chael? LOL.

Personally I think Wand knows what would happen and decided it wasn't worth it unless he got paid a ton. Whether you think he deserves it or not is kind of irrelevant to my point. There must be some reason why he had to get so much more money to fight Chael than anyone else. Heck he had no problem with headlining a ppv with Vitor or Franklin but suddenly needed it to fight this guy he says sucks and he could beat easily? Doesn't add up.

Honestly, I find the Rashad vs Chael matchup a lot better anyways. I've been a hardcore fan long enough to care about the fights a lot more than trash talk and hype. Phone Post

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

Personally I think Wand knows what would happen and decided it wasn't worth it unless he got paid a ton. Whether you think he deserves it or not is kind of irrelevant to my point. There must be some reason why he had to get so much more money to fight Chael than anyone else. Heck he had no problem with headlining a ppv with Vitor or Franklin but suddenly needed it to fight this guy he says sucks and he could beat easily? Doesn't add up.

Honestly, I find the Rashad vs Chael matchup a lot better anyways. I've been a hardcore fan long enough to care about the fights a lot more than trash talk and hype. Phone Post

This isn't really about chosing one over the other though, this is a guy in Wand who's prided himself on beating respecting in guys and fighting all comers, as far as rankings or any of that, of course it doesn't make sense but Chael is not going to be fighting for any titles soon and neither is Wand, you have, for once two guys with bad blood and a way to settle it and time for other matchups after, I don't get why it has to be one or the other like both guys are going to explode or shut down immediately after theit next fight.

ChaosOverkill -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  Personally I think Wand knows what would happen and decided it wasn't worth it unless he got paid a ton. Whether you think he deserves it or not is kind of irrelevant to my point. There must be some reason why he had to get so much more money to fight Chael than anyone else. Heck he had no problem with headlining a ppv with Vitor or Franklin but suddenly needed it to fight this guy he says sucks and he could beat easily? Doesn't add up.

This isn't really about chosing one over the other though, this is a guy in Wand who's prided himself on beating respecting in guys and fighting all comers, as far as rankings or any of that, of course it doesn't make sense but Chael is not going to be fighting for any titles soon and neither is Wand, you have, for once two guys with bad blood and a way to settle it and time for other matchups after, I don't get why it has to be one or the other like both guys are going to explode or shut down immediately after theit next fight.

It doesn't have to be one or the other, I would just rather see Chael in more competitive matchups than a fight with Wand. Wand said no, so Chael and the UFC decided to just move on. That's how I see it anyways. Phone Post

ChaosOverkill -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  Personally I think Wand knows what would happen and decided it wasn't worth it unless he got paid a ton. Whether you think he deserves it or not is kind of irrelevant to my point. There must be some reason why he had to get so much more money to fight Chael than anyone else. Heck he had no problem with headlining a ppv with Vitor or Franklin but suddenly needed it to fight this guy he says sucks and he could beat easily? Doesn't add up.

Well if Chael beats Rashad, that's two top ten win in a row - potentially outside his division - so I'd be arguing that he isn't too far away from another title shot. Phone Post

I think Wand wanted more money because this could've been his retirement fight. Just my opinion.

To call wand a coward is retarded. He's been one of the most courageous fighters in the ring for the last 17 years, don't be idiots. Anyone disgracing wand by calling him a chicken should be permabanned. Phone Post 3.0

Strykr619 - I'll say it Indian Rob wand is a coward he knew damn well he would never get the fight if he ask for all these outrageous demands if you really wanted to fight you would have accepted it Phone Post
Come on dude, I know your upset the fight didn't materialize, so am I. And I do believe wands at fault, but to call him a coward is rediculious. Phone Post 3.0

Jackson_Junior -
big_roy_fan - Wandy ducked sonnen.

he asked for outrageous demands he knew would never be met, so he could hold his head high and say he accepted the fight and that it is not his fault it never happened.
He didn't duck him, he's injured till January and the last thing he wants is Chael to beat him cause he was injured Phone Post 3.0

Yeah I heard he was injured not sure what type thou. Phone Post

Jackson_Junior - 
big_roy_fan - Wandy ducked sonnen.

He didn't duck him, he's injured till January and the last thing he wants is Chael to beat him cause he was injured Phone Post 3.0

this. wand is out on injury. chael and him will probably pick up where they left off as soon as he is back.

I love Wandy, but lets face it, Chael kills him

The Pendulum - 
ChaosOverkill -

Well if Chael beats Rashad, that's two top ten win in a row - potentially outside his division - so I'd be arguing that he isn't too far away from another title shot. Phone Post

I guess so, but I kind of doubt Jones or Anderson are going to like be fights he ever gets again. Maybe Weidman or if by some miracle Jones is beat sure, but for now I just don't see it, it's similar to Vitor who you could argue would put up a better fight against Jones again, his best chance is probably a Weidman win in Dec otherwise the rubber match is likely to not be completed till next summer.

LETMEBANGBRO - LOL @ calling Wand a coward.

Guess people forget him calling Chael out in the bus that time and Chael had nothing to say in return.

Chael called him out for a fight, and Wand ducked him. Whatever bullshit happened on a bus is irrelevant. It's not like Wand is going to get PPV pts for whoever he fights next, so to demand it only for the Chael fight speaks volumes.

If he's injured than we shall revisit this at a later date.

Louisvillain -
indianrob - To call wand a coward is retarded. He's been one of the most courageous fighters in the ring for the last 17 years, don't be idiots. Anyone disgracing wand by calling him a chicken should be permabanned. Phone Post 3.0
I'm probably a bigger Wandy fan than you are.
Explain his hesitance then, fine sir.... Phone Post 3.0
I'll admit idk for sure the reasoning, but it would be a huge fight for wand so he probably wants to make as much money as possible for the fight. That's why he's trying to get points on it. Phone Post 3.0