So I bought the new Marcelo Lucky Gi

It was big, like scary big.... But I was well informed of the shrinkage issues with Lucky Gi's so I didn't freak out to much. So I washed it in warm water then threw it in the dryer on hot for 40 minutes and it shrunk down to size perfectly.

From here on out I will hang dry and wash in cold water. Overall happy with it, although I haven't trained in it yet.

you will be taking people back and choking them with ease in no time

Yea I kinda figured I would get the Micheal Jordan shoe effect with this one.... I'm really hoping this Gi increase's my arm drags...

Baroquen Record - you will be taking people back and choking them with ease in no time

Am I trippin', or did you just give a subtle compliment to a lucky gi???!?

they must be compensating marcelo well.

i don't like that gi, but then again it's my personal opinion.

I like the one I got that has "Lucky Gi" on the back, I wasn't to hot on the big Marcelo Garcia logo on the back of the original one.

Darcebrabo - 
Baroquen Record - you will be taking people back and choking them with ease in no time

Am I trippin', or did you just give a subtle compliment to a lucky gi???!?

nah it was more of a "its gotta be the shoes" type thing for marcelo.

I've had one for several months... I like it, it's comfortable. I also have the OTM Midevil Gi and they are very similar.

Do you train with Marcelo? Just wondering

A few times over the last year or so. Nothing full-time.

joshjitsu - Yea I kinda figured I would get the Micheal Jordan shoe effect with this one.... I'm really hoping this Gi increase's my arm drags...

Haha...

ACjitsu -  Do you train with Marcelo? Just wondering

No I just think he is the best grappler to ever live and have spent countless hours studying his game, and if it was in any way possible I would be training with him.

OH AND UPDATE ON THE GI

I love everything about the gi EXCEPT the drawstring on the pants have come apart after only washing once, pretty aggrivating to say the least.

joshjitsu - 
ACjitsu -  Do you train with Marcelo? Just wondering

No I just think he is the best grappler to ever live and have spent countless hours studying his game, and if it was in any way possible I would be training with him.

Josh- make it happen!

New NYC Academy Information:

25 W 36th St. (6th Floor)
New York, 10018

For more information email info@marcelogarciajj.com or call 1-212-947-0300

PS - Thanks for the review- I'm picking one up soon too.

I prefer unbleached Judo single weaves- a size smaller than Judo legal. Costs about 35$. Works just as well as a Lucky Gi for 1/10 the price.

HoldYerGround - I prefer unbleached Judo single weaves- a size smaller than Judo legal. Costs about 35$. Works just as well as a Lucky Gi for 1/10 the price.

I like nice gi's. If you don't that's your buisness, more power to ya.

joshjitsu- The same thing happened to my draw string. But overall I like the gi...

joshjitsu
I love everything about the gi EXCEPT the drawstring on the pants have come apart after only washing once, pretty aggrivating to say the least.

For a gi that expensive, you should be contacting On The Mat so they can replace the pants or drawstring.