so I'm whitetail hunting...

and I see a mange black bear, is it legal for me to shoot it? my cousin saw it yesterday and we're going to that blind tomorrow morning again.
pa laws? Phone Post 3.0

Probably not legal. It's the humane thing to do though. It's a tough call. If you think you can get a shot tomorrow, you could goto your local game warden and talk to them. Phone Post 3.0

In a situation like this call the local fish and game, better yet send an email so you have something in writing.

i saw a partially run over canadian goose on the road today, flailing in horror and agony

i wanted to put it out of its misery and just drive over it to crush its head and end its suffering but i was scared i could get into trouble

In Georgia you get in deep shit for shooting a bear without a tag.

Game wardens want "proof" your life was in danger. So without physical damage you're going to be questioned thoroughly.

If you don't call them immediately you're basically guilty until proven innocent. You don't get to keep anything. (IE meat, skin, paws).

And honestly there's no need to shoot them. If there aren't cubs you're not in any danger. I walked up on one sleeping last week. I just "politely" backed away then went around it for 50 yards or so. Phone Post 3.0

I took "mange" as "pesky". If you mean hurt I would tread lightly. Especially this time of year Phone Post 3.0

I was thinking like the bear had mange which means it's hair is falling out, sores and scabs and probably living a very shitty life. Phone Post 3.0

prolurker22 - I was thinking like the bear had mange which means it's hair is falling out, sores and scabs and probably living a very shitty life. Phone Post 3.0
sorry awesomest, this is what I meant. it's a deadly disease in animals and can be spread to one another.
I would like to put it out of its misery and call game commission to come pick it up but don't know how they would respond. Phone Post 3.0

Wylong06 -
prolurker22 - I was thinking like the bear had mange which means it's hair is falling out, sores and scabs and probably living a very shitty life. Phone Post 3.0
sorry awesomest, this is what I meant. it's a deadly disease in animals and can be spread to one another.
I would like to put it out of its misery and call game commission to come pick it up but don't know how they would respond. Phone Post 3.0
Call and ask the worst thing that happens is they say you can't do it. Phone Post 3.0

Just yell loudly:

"IT'S COMING RIGHT FOR US!!!"- Just before pulling the trigger.

You're covered legally from there no matter what happens. Phone Post 3.0

Her you go OP.

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt?open=514 Phone Post 3.0

Absolutely not legal. If you don't have a bear tag dont shoot a bear unless it is attacking and even then you have some explaining to do. Ffs did you not do hunter safety? Phone Post 3.0

What wmu are you in?
Archery Bear is open in a few, 2b, 5c and 5d. Just need a bear tag. Phone Post 3.0

Phuckles - Absolutely not legal. If you don't have a bear tag dont shoot a bear unless it is attacking and even then you have some explaining to do. Ffs did you not do hunter safety? Phone Post 3.0
I did. but common sense would tell you not to let a contagious disease to run rampant in the wild. but common sense and the law don't always go hand in hand. Phone Post 3.0

Barbasol - Her you go OP.

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt?open=514 Phone Post 3.0
what'd it say? I can't load it for some reason.
and I'm in 2d Octodad Phone Post 3.0

Wylong06 -
Phuckles - Absolutely not legal. If you don't have a bear tag dont shoot a bear unless it is attacking and even then you have some explaining to do. Ffs did you not do hunter safety? Phone Post 3.0
I did. but common sense would tell you not to let a contagious disease to run rampant in the wild. but common sense and the law don't always go hand in hand. Phone Post 3.0
Agreed. I get it but that could get you in some serious shit. Phone Post 3.0

Phuckles -
Wylong06 -
I understand. I just wish there was something I could do. poor bastard has to be suffering. Phone Post 3.0

Wylong06 -
Phuckles -
Wylong06 -
I understand. I just wish there was something I could do. poor bastard has to be suffering. Phone Post 3.0
Id contact the division of wildlife and tell them. They will probably handle it. Phone Post 3.0

Just shoot it and don't tell anyone.