So Macdonald vs Lawler is the Co-Main

Conor v Aldo was announced first. That's the only reason. Phone Post 3.0

Seats Taken - Build the best possible card that they can

Put Conor in the Headline

When the sales are high because it actually was a stacked card instead of giving watered down dribble

Tell the world that Conor is the biggest PPV draw of all time. Phone Post 3.0
Yep. Phone Post 3.0

Shy Guy - I don't care who goes on first and who goes on last. As long as that card stays together, I couldn't care less. Phone Post 3.0

YES!

No injuries or failed PED tests please! (well they can fail after but not before the bouts. I want to see the fights!!!)

FFTF_stuffadamdoes - Aldo is the best fighter on the card. Main event is a given. That's what we are saying here...right? Phone Post 3.0
Aldo is the longest reigning champ in the company. The only FW champ in UFC history. He has held the title going back to the WEC for 5 and a half years! He has not lost in a decade. He deserves the top slot on any card he's on, regardless of other title fights until he loses his belt. Phone Post 3.0

VinegarStrokes - 
FFTF_stuffadamdoes - Aldo is the best fighter on the card. Main event is a given. That's what we are saying here...right? Phone Post 3.0
Aldo is the longest reigning champ in the company. The only FW champ in UFC history. He has held the title going back to the WEC for 5 and a half years! He has not lost in a decade. He deserves the top slot on any card he's on, regardless of other title fights until he loses his belt. Phone Post 3.0

I agree with all that completely. Which is why I'm glad they are going against the almost always normal standing of the higher weight class gets the main.

Aldo is the best fighter on the card by far and Macgregor is the best at promoting a fight on the card. Putting those two in the main event spotlight will pay dividends for either guy if they win.

Aldo goes out there and wins and it'll be like the Silva vs Sonnen effect. After the Sonnen fight Silva had more PPV buys then ever before, because Sonnen can promote a fight. The same could work for Aldo who has been struggling on PPV.

If Macgregor wins the star only gets brighter and he may very well became the face of the company and their cash cow as crazy as that sounds.

willienugget - 
spaulding91 - 
VinegarStrokes - 

I agree with all that completely. Which is why I'm glad they are going against the almost always normal standing of the higher weight class gets the main.

Aldo is the best fighter on the card by far and Macgregor is the best at promoting a fight on the card. Putting those two in the main event spotlight will pay dividends for either guy if they win.

Aldo goes out there and wins and it'll be like the Silva vs Sonnen effect. After the Sonnen fight Silva had more PPV buys then ever before, because Sonnen can promote a fight. The same could work for Aldo who has been struggling on PPV.

If Macgregor wins the star only gets brighter and he may very well became the face of the company and their cash cow as crazy as that sounds.

If Aldo was fighting Edgar, what's the main event? This is the Conor McGregor Show end of story.

You may be right but I hope not. The better fights and the bigger names should get top billing and top money.

If the Weidman vs Vitor fight was on the same card as say Werdum vs Dos Santos II I would hope the UFC would put Weidman Vitor fight as the main cuz its the better fight with the bigger draws.

But hey this could very well just be the Conor Macgregor show.

When the sales are high because it actually was a stacked card instead of giving watered down dribble

Look at his FS1 ratings, he is a huge draw Phone Post 3.0

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much -

Didn't say he wasn't. I'm just saying that they will stack cards to inflate the marketing appeal of Connor.

Aldo vs McGregor headlining 184 instead of Rousey does 1/2 the number that this card does.

And when it's over Dana is going to say "I just can't believe this guy. He's a phenomenon, we've never seen anything like this. He's the biggest star in UFC history" Phone Post 3.0

Seats Taken - 

Didn't say he wasn't. I'm just saying that they will stack cards to inflate the marketing appeal of Connor.

Aldo vs McGregor headlining 184 instead of Rousey does 1/2 the number that this card does.

And when it's over Dana is going to say "I just can't believe this guy. He's a phenomenon, we've never seen anything like this. He's the biggest star in UFC history" Phone Post 3.0

It's called a common sense business tactic. The main event sells the card, so if they can draw even more eyeballs to cards Conor is on, it will just increase his popularity for the next event he headlines. And if he beats other dual title fight cards, then you actually can attribute it to his drawing power. Sounds like you just hate the promoter

Sprawl'n'Stall -
Shy Guy - I don't care who goes on first and who goes on last. As long as that card stays together, I couldn't care less. Phone Post 3.0

YES!

No injuries or failed PED tests please! (well they can fail after but not before the bouts. I want to see the fights!!!)
Conor could weigh in with a syringe in his ass and doing lines of blow off a mirror and this fight would still go on.

It'd be ruled "out of competition". Phone Post 3.0

Lawler vs Rory is a rematch so I can see that bejng a reason to take co main.

That fight is a sick co main before the Connor fight. Give that kid the spotlight, he definitely deserves it.

If lawler fights like he did in the last 20 seconds of Hendricks 2 that what I'm hoping for Phone Post 3.0

There will tons of irish fans there that night and a lot of them only care about Conor fighting. I was at 178 and half the irish fans left the arena once his fight was over. If he wasn't fighting last it would be a pretty good buzzkill when half the arena leaves before the main event lol.

BW92 -
Seats Taken - 

It's called a common sense business tactic. The main event sells the card, so if they can draw even more eyeballs to cards Conor is on, it will just increase his popularity for the next event he headlines. And if he beats other dual title fight cards, then you actually can attribute it to his drawing power. Sounds like you just hate the promoter
No. Not at all. I think Dana is a cool dude. I just said, what I think is going to happen. Sorry for thinking this was a forum for discussing such things involving the UFC and MMA. Sounds like you're just a shithead. Phone Post 3.0

Jeremy1983 - Aldo is the best P4P fighter on the card and the only FW champ the UFC has ever known. He's the reason for being the main.
This. Phone Post 3.0

Conor/Aldo being the headliner is complete bullshit. To break, after all this time, the rule of heavier fighters fighting later, for Conor McGregor of all people, is nuts.

connor aldo is a much, much bigger fight than lawler rory, only in canada the ww fight is bigger, plus is a rematch.

Bitches needs to stop complaining and just grateful and hope this superstack card stay intact Phone Post 3.0

da Vinci 81 - There will tons of irish fans there that night and a lot of them only care about Conor fighting. I was at 178 and half the irish fans left the arena once his fight was over. If he wasn't fighting last it would be a pretty good buzzkill when half the arena leaves before the main event lol.

True, Me and a gang of people from Eire will be over for Aldo VS McGregor, it's crazy how many local people I know are going!

Due to Conor being so big over here Irish people just flock to his fights, even people who dont really know much about the UFC. They just wanna jump on the band wagon and join the craic, it's an excuse to the wife to go to Vegas! Thats why most leave after his fight, there not MMA fans, just Conor Fans.

I don't care if they fight on the pre-lim. I want this card to happen. It needs to happen.

orcus - Conor/Aldo being the headliner is complete bullshit. To break, after all this time, the rule of heavier fighters fighting later, for Conor McGregor of all people, is nuts.
When Dana said that Rousey was co main due to weight class he was pretty much the pc way of saying alot more people care about male fight's than female fight's Phone Post 3.0

orcus - Conor/Aldo being the headliner is complete bullshit. To break, after all this time, the rule of heavier fighters fighting later, for Conor McGregor of all people, is nuts.

Conor is one of the biggest stars in the UFC, it's nuts you don't recognize that.