so mayorga really is fighting din in mma?

--Shine Promotions have said, despite a cease and desist letter being sent by Don King (yes, that Don King), their 5/15 PPV show headlined by Ricardo Mayorga vs. Din Thomas under MMA rules will go on.  King claims he has an exclusive contract with Mayorga.  Shine claims that they have a contract for MMA with Mayorga.  Since this fight has been known about for months, King's sending the letter in the past few days means he's just looking for a late nuisance payoff.  Promoter Devin Price said he believes Mayorga's boxing fans will follow him to MMA and buy the PPV.  I don't know if they realize all those PPV buys Mayorga did a few years back were all Oscar De La Hoya fans.

I hope so.

The pre-fight interview was one of the best I've seen!

BabyZeus - The pre-fight interview was one of the best I've seen!
where?

linky?

wont happen thanks to don kings lawyer

I had dinner with the SHINE folks last night, great guys.

The fight is 100% going to happen. Mayoga is under contract as a boxer , an MMA fight does not fall within the scope of Don Kings agreement.

This may not stop Don King Promotions from pursing litigation, but it will not impede the upcoming show.

hard to believe its actually happening. but it should be hilarious for all 20 seconds it last

SOMEONE POST A LINK FOR THE PRESS CONFERENCE!!!!!!

will be there live and looking forward to it... and yes the fights is going down i was assured by dorian! ttt for shine

RIP Mayorga

yesssssssssssssss

ttt

What weight division will this fight be in?

MAYORGA's shape may be questionable , hope he makes weight.

ranier wolfcastle -  wont happen thanks to don kings lawyer

King will put Shine out of the fight game.

I hope he wins so I can kep seeing him fight MMA. If he loses he won't fight MMA again.

fightsfan - What weight division will this fight be in?

Jr. Middleweight

ranier wolfcastle -  wont happen thanks to don kings lawyer

Miss inf0 - RIP Mayorga

din better take him down.

EY TRANQUILO TRANQUILO