So...no MSG 3 threads..huh

So MSG 3 is out taday, got good reviews, has already been put out on de internet for pirating and nobody's even talking about it.

Why not??

I never liked MGS1, never had the urge to play MGS2.

I've got a demo of 3, but haven't tried it yet.

I can only take so much stealth in a game. Hitman was my limit.

There are a few great games out now where threads have simply died from lack of interest.

Actually its more likely because there are so many good games out there at the moment, not many people have been able to play them all yet. (or are willing to until they have beat their other titles)

Maybe because everyone's too busy playing halo 2 and gta??

or maybe people are still bitter about the rayden fiasco from a few years ago?

beating other titles? LOL, lately I just get enough time to try each game for may be an hour, and then I have 4-5 more to try

hell, too many great games out. Metroid Prime 2 just came out as well! Also, I think MGS2 pissed off alot of people w/ its idiotic story, non-stop codec alarms, and MANY LONG CUT SCENES.

Half-Life, Halo, GTA and MGS2 have all contributed to the lack of interest in this game.

Also, I read a preview the other day and it made me laugh at how bad the game sounded. At the start of the game you spend you time crawling around shooting frogs with your tranquilizer gun. When the frog dies it mysteriously turns into a ration, which in turn rots away in your pocket. When you are playing a game, the last thing you want to be worrying about is a frog/ration decomposing as you sneak about. You also can't use your pistol too much because the suppressor wears out after 9 shots.

The Japanese need to either get a grip or stop making games.

tsuneo:

you can't be serious? Why does the suppresor run out?

Shooting frogs with tranquilizers?! I'm fucking THERE dude.

drives to Best Buy

"Maybe because everyone's too busy playing halo 2 and gta??"

Im certainly not still playing halo 2 as I beat it in one sitting, and San andreas has fell to the back burner due to Half Life 2. I will get around to MGS3 eventually.

"Also, I read a preview the other day and it made me laugh at how bad the game sounded. At the start of the game you spend you time crawling around shooting frogs with your tranquilizer gun. When the frog dies it mysteriously turns into a ration, which in turn rots away in your pocket. When you are playing a game, the last thing you want to be worrying about is a frog/ration decomposing as you sneak about"

Im pretty sure the frog thing is just a minigame but I could be wrong.

"you can't be serious? Why does the suppresor run out?"

How would I know? 'Cos the Japs can't make games worth shit and prefer having you play some remote control bongos rather than concentrating on gameplay.

"Im pretty sure the frog thing is just a minigame but I could be wrong."

The impression I got was that 'hunting' was an integral part of the game and staying alive.

Tsuneo, come on, don't lump all "Japs" in with Hideo Kojima. Not cool.

the whole frog thing sounds pretty cool....Snake is a highly trained commando in the middle of a jungle (the game takes place in a Jungle) so he is trained to eat whatever he can to survive (ie. snakes, frogs, spiders), just like Rambo.....the reviews actually say it is not that big of a deal just a cool way to show how one man would survive by himself in a jungle

IGN gave it a 9.6

NGI gave it a 6.9

"Shooting frogs with tranquilizers?! I'm fucking THERE dude.

drives to Best Buy "

Damn! Shooting frogs with tranquilizers? That's the type of shit you just can't do in real life!! I am SO THERE!

takes bus to Best Buy

MGS 2 story was not idiotic, it was beautiful and complicated. God if there isn't one bad guy that the hero has to kill people get upset. God forbid something that suppose to entertain you actually makes you use your brain.

having that idiotic woman on the codec interrupt me every 5 minutes didnt engage my brain. sorry

first one was good, second one I only played Solid Snakes part and then I just couldn't get into the whole Raven thing.

But the reviews are saying the third one isn't like the second one and should provide more gameplay and other stuff to make you like it.